Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 09-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #1
kck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Maverick County
Default Best backpack style rifle sling

Want to find a backpack style rifle sling that distributes weight, doesn’t slip and cures most of the ills of carrying a rifle when not strapped to a backpack. Any help would be appreciated!
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 11:02 PM   #2
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

The best solution I have found, is to strap it in a back pack. I have not found a sling, that does not allow the rifle to move or slide around when hiking or climbing. Once I found a backpack I could strap my rifle to, that fixed all the problems I had for years, with carrying a rifle. It's very quick to get the rifle out of the backpack. I take the backpack off, lay it on the ground, unstrap the rifle, then often I use the backpack as a rest.
RifleBowPistol is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
mzurovec
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet

Just got this one and it's really great. Distributes weight well through the waist strap of the pack.

mzurovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Sew a button on your backpack shoulder strap, place sling on shoulder inside of button and it will keep your rifle from sliding off.

Other option, I don’t know the exact name but I call it a tote or caddy. Your back pack holds the butt, then the forearm/barrel goes under your arm held by a strap attached to the shoulder strap. Kifaru makes some as well as some other brands. The fastest and easiest way to carry a rifle at the ready buy out of the way.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top