Granger Lake Draw Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger Lake Draw Hunt

My buddy and I got selected for Granger Lake archery deer. Any experiences hunting there? I heard there are a lot of hog and squirrel hunters. Rules are to take 2 does before taking a buck.

I got drawn there about 15 years ago. Shot two doe, never saw a buck. I was hunting early season. The guy running the place said the hunting is better in November and December. They kill some monsters out there every year. Good Luck!

Comment

I'm out there a lot chasing hogs. There's plenty of deer around. Do you know what area you're planning on hunting?

Comment

granger is the new hagerman

Comment

Don't expect to drive down for one or two weekends and kill a buck. It will take a lot of scouting and work.

Comment

**** I can't believe I missed the draw this year....did they change the date of the deadline?

Congrats and take full advantage of the opportunity you got don't waste it like so many do. Show up once or twice then never come back. Oh and beware of the super scouter on here who will try to sell you other people's spots

Comment

Its an incredible hunt. I got selected last year and it was my first archery hunt ever. I learned A LOT and bagged a very large doe and a lot of catfish. I could've got a buck multiple times but I never got my second doe...but it wasn't for lack of trying, I got close many times. Was my second home during deer season. I'm probably going to drive up there to see if I get drawn on standby.

Comment

I did not draw this year, will go on the 15th to see if I get my name pulled out of the bucket. Hunted there last year, mainly Gate 5 and where the boat launch is, gate 7 I think. Lots of deer, got 2 doe but never got a good buck in range but saw lots of them. Plan on doing hog hunts this year in that area along the river. Also across the river, Comanche Bluff park down to the primitive camping, long 3 mile hike but got a nice hog out there and saw lots of deer there too.

Comment

Also hunted on the Willis creek side, saw lots of deer and hog sign. And if you want another good hike go on the main lake side, Pecan Groove, again lots of deer and hog sign.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    **** . Oh and beware of the super scouter on here who will try to sell you other people's spots

Come on now! You and I both know, I know the pattern now. I've had a couple years to learn and 1000's of photos to study.

I'll be at standby to try my luck. Look for me, flip flops, overalls, and a flatbill cap.

I drew Gus Engeling in Oct, Laguna in Dec, Laguna gun in Jan, and antlerless permit for Sam Houston.

Comment

Working...
                    X