Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger GP100 any good?

Worth the $800 new?

I like mine. They were bought used. I’d by one of those anvils new if I got another.

Comment

I have the Wiley Clapp version - it is a pleasure to shoot

Comment

I have several and love them

Comment

It’s a very well made gun.

Comment

I have a 357 mag, use hearing protection!!!!!

Comment

I regret selling mine. 3.5” 357.

Comment

They are good, $800 good, idk. But then I don't know that you will buy a better new revolver for less. Also I would spend $800 on a Ruger or a Smith before I spent less on something like a Taurus or a charter arms.

In general though, the gp100 I had was a great gun. At 6" and a full underlug it was heavy to carry though, which is why I eventually sold it. Good luck

Comment

I've got a 4" blued model. Like everything they've gone way up in price. The Smiths I've owned have had slightly better triggers, but you'd be hard pressed to find a stouter 357 than a Ruger.

Comment

I’ve got a 6” stainless model. Been great so far. It’s a pig killing machine!

Comment

All Ruger revolvers are solid performers.

Keeping mine.

I've shot hundreds of rounds through all 3 and I do have to say the Blackhawks are more accurate. Both for my son and myself holding the 357 and 41 Blackhawk.

Comment

GP100s have always had a reputation for being built like a tank and for being very reliable. The Smith & Wesson revolvers I have handled definitely had better triggers than the Ruger GP100s. From what I have seen, $800.00 is about the going rate for a stainless GP100 and also a stainless Smith & Wesson 686.

Comment

No. They’re trash.

Comment

S&W all the way. For double action pull its night and day. All you need is a $18 spring kit that sets at around 7.5 pounds and your good to go.

Their is a reason why you will only see 2 or 4 rugers out off 100 S&w at revolver shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                              No. They’re trash.
                              Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X