Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I send money to my daughter automatically each month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done this before? Not sure why it’s so difficult.

I’m trying to send my daughter money once a month, automatically at college.
    I bank with Wells Fargo and so does she, but I don’t “own” the account, her mother does. I can’t set up automatic transfers unless I “own” the account. Getting on that account is not a solution.

No one like Zelle, Venmo, or PayPal will do auto payments that I can figure out.

Bill pay with a paper check is the second to last resort just before me remembering to do it each month.

Anyone know how to do this?

MD

You should just set up another account in your name…..if possible

Comment

Did automatic transfers when my 2 daughters were at A&M....I wasn’t on their account
      Prosperity Bank

Comment

Get two accounts that you own and cut the mother out then do automatic transfers

Zelle is really easy though. You can set a reminder on your phone and it literally takes about one minute to send the money.

Comment

Open another account that you and she sign on. I imagine it would come in handy for more than just that.

Chase is always offering $200 or so to open a checking account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-17-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Get two accounts that you own and cut the mother out then do automatic transfers

Zelle is really easy though. You can set a reminder on your phone and it literally takes about one minute to send the money.
            Keep in mind that Zelle and Venmo type payment apps report anything totaling over $600 the course of a year to the IRS as income

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

This or you and the kiddo visit Wells-Fargo to get help.

Comment

I transfer money to mine in Florida when I want but reoccurring transfers are an option. I'm BOA and his is a credit union. I'm not a signer so it costs me 3 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                  Anyone done this before? Not sure why it’s so difficult.

I’m trying to send my daughter money once a month, automatically at college.
                  I bank with Wells Fargo and so does she, but I don’t “own” the account, her mother does. I can’t set up automatic transfers unless I “own” the account. Getting on that account is not a solution.

No one like Zelle, Venmo, or PayPal will do auto payments that I can figure out.

Bill pay with a paper check is the second to last resort just before me remembering to do it each month.

Anyone know how to do this?

MD
                  Get a secondary card off your account opened up in her name. Set a limit of $300.

She loses the card, thieves steal the banks money, not yours.
                  When she graduates, she will have a nice credit score and she won't need you to co-sign for her.

Giving credit cards has many work arounds today.
                  Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                    Get a secondary card off your account opened up in her name. Set a limit of $300.

She loses the card, thieves steal the banks money, not yours.
                    When she graduates, she will have a nice credit score and she won't need you to co-sign for her.

Giving credit cards has many work arounds today.
                    Good Luck!

Also a good idea. Be careful with the limits though, they can be a pain in to get changed or lifted if she was to encounter a large expense that dad wanted to cover for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did an account at WF years ago when I was in the same place in time. Went in with my daughter, signed the account and problem solved. I would pick a different bank today, they are convenient but crooks.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;16356094]Also a good idea. Be careful with the limits though, they can be a pain in to get changed or lifted if she was to encounter a large expense that dad wanted to cover for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

AMEX is what I gave my first that goes off tomorrow to TAMU.

The have the best customer service as far as fraud/theft. What I did for her now was set a limit on her card. I also can call in case of emergency on a phone, no need to login.

My main reason is to help build up credit rather than destroy it like I did.

It took years to pay Visa & Discover back from Spring Breaks of 90 & 91.

Comment

If you have direct deposit from work you can set a certain amount into different accounts each pay cycle.

This is how I cover my college sons truck note even though note is in his name building him good credit.

Comment

Check and see if on Wells Fargo website you have an option to transfer to another account. If so, you may be able to transfer to her account directly simply based on having her account number, not being an owner....... if nothing else, call or stop by Wells Fargo and ask them...

Comment

You can set up reoccurring payments with Zelle. I have done it for years. You do not have to be on her account or even with the same bank. Very easy to set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X