Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been reminiscing a lot here lately about some old hunts and stuff.

I was digging around in my old archery tackle box and came across the broadhead I used on my first bowkill doe. I had scratched the memory into the ferrule.

I still remember that crazy hunt and sure glad I kept it for all these years. The date was October 1992.

I used a Rocky Mountain Ultra 125 grain 1.5” cut. It’s a big sucker for sure. Lol

So, let’s hear what broad head all of you guys and gals used for your first kill.

Here’s the pic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125 grain Magnus stinger on a doe.

Comment

125 Muzzy 3 blade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

125 gr. Thunder head

Comment

Steelforce on a ram

Comment

Back in 79, Satellite if I remember correctly. Shot a 4pt that was trailing 4 does as I was standing up against a large pecan tree when they came down the trail beside me. Right at 25 yards and I nailed him right were I was aiming. He took off running and ran face first into another tree and fell over. I was pumped and hooked from that moment on.

Comment

100 grain thunderhead

Comment

I couldn’t even tell you. Some big arse head that was in the tackle box inside the case with my Dad’s Martin Lynx Magnum. Aluminum arrows too. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

100 gr 3-blade Rage.......my 1st bow kill, which was also my first bow buck, which is still my best buck to date!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Back in 79, Satellite if I remember correctly. Shot a 4pt that was trailing 4 does as I was standing up against a large pecan tree when they came down the trail beside me. Right at 25 yards and I nailed him right were I was aiming. He took off running and ran face first into another tree and fell over. I was pumped and hooked from that moment on.
                    Awesome....

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    I couldn’t even tell you. Some big arse head that was in the tackle box inside the case with my Dad’s Martin Lynx Magnum. Aluminum arrows too. [emoji12]

Skinny
                    Lol!!!!

Comment

Montec G5 on a doe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

125grain Thunderhead on a spike...1991.

Comment

Magnus stinger

Comment

Too dang far back to remember! Hard to remember after 42* years of doing this!!!!!

Comment

I was hooked after that! I had no idea what I was doing. I just found the bow case under his bed one day when I was looking for my 30-30 or something. I was like what is this case??? I opened it up and there sat a brand new bow from who knows when. I don’t recall my dad ever hunting with it, but he bought a bow at some point. I started shooting it and was like heck yeah I can hunt a month earlier than all my friends now. Lol.

I took that monstrosity to an archery shoot too...those guys had some fast bows and I was lobbing arrows down range. [emoji23]

Needless to say I got some looks. [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and my first kill was a pig.

Skinny
                              Last edited by Skinny; 09-27-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X