Elk Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    If someone is elk hunting in conditions that can blow this trailer into the sky "like a kite", they have much larger issues to resolve.... LOL

Absolutely love this build OP!!!
    It's the drive to his elk hunting area that I'm talking about. Obviously you have never driven in Wyoming/ Colorado during a high wind event ?
    Much bigger trailers than that get blown over on the interstate and local highways.
    And yes, it will blow in the mountains too, hope there is room for a chainsaw in there.

Good moisture right now in the mountains , hope it holds til end of summer.
    Elk antlers are growing nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      It's the drive to his elk hunting area that I'm talking about. Obviously you have never driven in Wyoming/ Colorado during a high wind event ?
      Much bigger trailers than that get blown over on the interstate and local highways.
      And yes, it will blow in the mountains too, hope there is room for a chainsaw in there.

Good moisture right now in the mountains , hope it holds til end of summer.
      Elk antlers are growing nicely.
      I'm freaking ready to get out of Texas!

Comment

We have a heat wave coming, might get up into 90's this weekend, ugh!

Comment

Sweet rig!

Comment

Paying work and hot weather has slowed us done a bit. We're also running out of time for this year

Temporary box mounted on tongue ( Propane and generator fuel ), the fold up trailer jack just wasn't cutting it so we added an Ultimate jack, it un-pins and can be slid all the way up out of the way.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220709_170008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	24687608

Name:	20220715_200859.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	24687609

Got started on the E-track system. It will have a couple rails on the walls on each side, plus a spare tire clamp.

Name:	20220715_200821 (1).jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	24687610

New hitch, front basket and solar power will be installed before next year. We blew our budget for this year!

Comment

Budget... What are those when it comes to hunting projects? I thought they were just numbers we told the wife we were going to spend. then we got 50% over to get what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                Budget... What are those when it comes to hunting projects? I thought they were just numbers we told the wife we were going to spend. then we got 50% over to get what we want.

Comment

That looks phenomenol!

I have the exact same old Wells Cargo trailer.

My FIL used it for construction for 15 years, it's beat to hell and I had the same plans. Make it a trailer for bird hunting and the trip to Kansas every year.

I was curious about putting bigger tires on it, thanks for the thread and information.

The ones on it are 15" and only rated for like 65 mph.

Comment

cool build! keep posting pics!!!

Comment

Looks great. Great job!

Comment

The tires are truck tires and will spin as fast as we can drag them safely. Trailer tires are not a good option for our Elk Trailer.

Comment

We just returned home Tuesday from Grand Mesa, CO with the elk trailer from a week long trip and it pulled like a dream with no swaying or hopping.

Comment

Thats pretty slick.

Comment

nice build!

Comment

What a transformation.

Comment

Working...
                                X