Audio books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio books?

Hey so i had a subscription to Audible (Amazons audio book page, app). Well anyways i forgot i had it awhile so had a dozen credits to get audio books.

I have knocked out a few credits but i am trying to use all the credits so i can cancel the subscription for awhile. I am looking for Christian related books, or also good history, outdoor adventure, hunting types (non fiction). Also any other educational type books that you may like.

What do you have in mind?

I definitely enjoy my subscription. I always look at what they recommend based on my previous listening history. Good stuff always pops up!!!

Comment

Bible in a Year by Father Mike
      You can cancel your subscription for a while, he does an incredible job. <20 days left.

Comment

Jordan Peterson 12 Rules for Life is a good one I am listening to right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Christian:
          Mark Goodwin and Frank E Perretti (the visitation).

History:
          Storm of the Century and Dead Wake

Those are my most recent suggestions

Hunting:
          Jack Carr

Comment

Confidence Gap is literally one of the most insightful books I have ever read.

For fiction the James Reece series by Jack Carr is good. I also liked the John Rain series, and all of its spin offs by Barry Eisler

Comment

Keep them coming, im gonna get a few. Thanks for the recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Confidence Gap is literally one of the most insightful books I have ever read.

For fiction the James Reece series by Jack Carr is good. I also liked the John Rain series, and all of its spin offs by Barry Eisler
                Confidence gap by russ harris and steven hayes?

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                  Confidence gap by russ harris and steven hayes?
                  Yes that’s the one

Comment

Wilbur smith… Courtney family books. Best I’ve heard in a long time. Also, a new author named Evan Winter. He has some amazing fiction that I want to listen to again and again!!

Comment

Nonfiction:
                      - The Boys in the Boat: profiles one of the members of the 1936 rowing team and others on the team
                      - 12 Rules for Life: pretty high level book, so at times you really have to listen and relisten to it. I also took breaks from it at times.
                      - About Face: it's a 40 hour long audiobook, but fantastic listen (I've listened to it 3 or 4 times). Written by one of the most decorated Army members, David Hackworth.
                      - The Right Stuff: profiles Chuck Yeager and the first astronauts
                      - Extreme Ownership: Written by Jocko WIllink, former Navy Seal (highly recommend his podcast, but it's not for everyone).
                      - How to talk to anyone: gave me a bit of insight for talking to people; similar to how to win friends and influence people.
                      - A Short History of Nearly Everything: Written by Bill Bryson who wrote, "A Walk in the Woods." I haven't "read" this book, but my wife enjoyed it (I liked a Walk in the Woods).
                      - Let me know if you're looking for baby books because we've listened to a few.
                      Last edited by Riceguy; 09-13-2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

The Terminal List was a good read/listen. They made multiple trips south per month much more enjoyable.

Micheal

Comment

The Journey of Crazy Horse. His story/this book is fascinating.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, its alot easier doing it like this than guessing what will be good!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              The Journey of Crazy Horse. His story/this book is fascinating.

I just listened to this one the other day and it was good.

Empire of the Summer Moon is a must if you haven’t done that one already.

The Invention of Nature about Alexander von Humbolt is good.

White Hunters- The Golden Age of African Safaris

American Serengetti

Coyote America

Skeletons on the Zahara

Comment

Working...
                              X