No announcement yet.

Ribeye!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season salt both sides, coarse black pepper one side only and very rare makes an excellent Ribeye.

Comment

Had a Tomahawk last night.... Lemon Pepper seasoning and Garlic powder put a temp probe in it cause its so big didn't want to over cook. Cooked to 116 deg and pulled. Rest while serving up side dishes and eat. Wash delicious.

Comment

Prime ribeye, uncle Chris and hot coals. That's all u need. If it's a good cut of meat, u don't need much

Comment

If it's a quality cut I use salt only with coarse sea salt or Himalayan then let it slowly come up to room temp.

Cook over HOT coals to rare or medium rare over an open top grill.

Let rest and apply a little more salt and a pat of butter if desired.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I don’t recommend a marinade either. I like Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning on my steaks, I wrap in foil to rest with some butter. Can’t hardly beat it.
            You sure those were your steaks?

Btw, I don’t see Timm on here much anymore. He doing ok?

Comment

Marinating a rib-eye (or any other prime cut of meat) is like committing aggravated assault on said victual. I season my rib-eyes to enhance the flavor of beef, not the other way around.

Sprinkle each side generously with kosher salt; rub kosher salt into meat

Then, again sprinkle each side with a generous amount of kosher salt, and rub it in again.

Sprinkle a little garlic salt on each side.

Sprinkle a small amount of sugar on each side (this helps the caramelization process and does not add sweetness).

Finally, season each side generously with freshly ground black pepper and lightly press the pepper into the meat.

Cook hot and fast. Serve rare plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Salt/pepper. Little bit of olive oil to coat before seasoning.

Best marinade ever made for steak.
                exactly how I do mine

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Marinade is generally for bad cuts of meat...

Ribeye - I change it up occasionally.....but preferably over mesquite. Hot coals to MR quick....

Chupacabre steak seasoning - butter pat right before you pull it off

Kosher salt, restaurant black pepper - butter pat right before you pull it off

Chupacabre brisket magic - butter pat right before you pull it off

Barnacle Dust - butter pat right before you pull it off
                  Brisket magic is some really good stuff! I put it on the venison hamburger before I mix it with spaghetti sauce and it's delicious. Just used it on a meat loaf recipe from the MeatChurch website and best **** venison meatloaf I've ever had.

Comment

Salt & pepper 90% of the time ! kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
                    Some times rub some jalapeño jelly instead of olive oil to carmalize

Comment

Ribeye!!!!

Coarse kosher salt, coarse black pepper, touch of garlic powder. Get a cast iron skillet screaming hot in the grill, cook to 120°, pull, tent with foil and rest. Use a small dollop of duck fat in the skillet.

Like Jason said, save the marinade for crappy cuts of meat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                        Worcestershire sauce, uncle Chris, hot mesquite coals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is that abomination on top of that fine cut of meat?^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            Marinating a rib-eye (or any other prime cut of meat) is like committing aggravated assault on said victual. I season my rib-eyes to enhance the flavor of beef, not the other way around.

Sprinkle each side generously with kosher salt; rub kosher salt into meat

Then, again sprinkle each side with a generous amount of kosher salt, and rub it in again.

Sprinkle a little garlic salt on each side.

Sprinkle a small amount of sugar on each side (this helps the caramelization process and does not add sweetness).

Finally, season each side generously with freshly ground black pepper and lightly press the pepper into the meat.

Cook hot and fast. Serve rare plus.
                            Well kiss my cousin twice!! I’ve never ever heard of putting sugar on a steak. And for carmalization purposes it makes perfect sense. I’m gonna try this. Probably tomorrow. Thanks for sharing that special touch Shawn.

Comment

I like to marinate with Allegro and a splash of balsamic vinegar, W sauce, and soy. Season with Montreal Steak seasoning and cook them over lump coals or on my pellet grill with grill grates and sear plate open. I can usually get the grates to 650 to 700 degrees pretty easy. I go 2 mins and twist, 2 mins and flip, repeat on the other side and whip up some finishing butter for the last 2 mins or so. I pull them at around 145 IT and tent with foil for about a 10 min rest. They are pretty darn hard to beat.

Comment

Salt, course ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Then sear over super hot mesquite coals. Butter is a nice add-on at the end of you want

Comment

Working...
                                X