Leon Cty Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon Cty Potential

I have been hunting a place in Leon Cty for a 5-6 years and we have been feeding protein heavy for the last 3 or 4. Looks like it is starting to pay off.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Nice bucks….Looking good.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Really nice. Good luck this year.

Comment

Those are shaping up nice.

Comment

They are looking great. I don't have anything close to that in Leon county. But then again I only feed Bucees corn and grass burrs.

If they are true leon county bucks you might get a chance at them for one or two days. Be ready

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              They are looking great. I don't have anything close to that in Leon county. But then again I only feed Bucees corn and grass burrs.

If they are true leon county bucks you might get a chance at them for one or two days. Be ready

You are right on point. We only get about 5 days of archery season before the bucks disperse. We are on the west side of Centerville. SW of Jewett

Comment

Good looking studs!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  You are right on point. We only get about 5 days of archery season before the bucks disperse. We are on the west side of Centerville. SW of Jewett
                  Based on all my research the Westside bucks seem to be bigger than the East side bucks LOL. We have a pocket of deer along the Trinity River that get super monster big but I'm a little too far for that. I have a few that come through now and then during the rut.

Comment

It’s working!

Comment

I'd really like to see these boys make it another season or two before their date with the skinning rack.

Comment

What kind of protein and what kind of feeders and when do you mostly see them on camera

Comment

What kind of protein and what kind of feeders and when do you mostly see them on camera

We have been feeding Purina AntlerMax 20% exclusively since we started putting the protein to them. The first several years it was a standard 55gl drum with an Academy free choice head. Last spring we upgraded to a handful of larger feeders but still free choice heads. I have been REALLY shocked by the lack of raccoon activity. I anticipated ten plus trash pandas every night. We might see 10 in a month. Not sure why, but definitely counting my blessings. They get camera shy about the 2nd week of October and it usually lasts until mid December to early January
                          Last edited by Fargus; 08-25-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

those look great. Back in my freshman year at A&M ('99) when I was still a Wildlife and Fisheries major, I spent a couple of weekends working the check station at the processor in Centerville with the local TPWD biologist. I remember that first weekend of the season we checked 1 single buck that was over 1 year old and he was a 3 year old. He looked like a monster compared to the multitude of yearling bucks we checked but he was just an average 8 pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                              those look great. Back in my freshman year at A&M ('99) when I was still a Wildlife and Fisheries major, I spent a couple of weekends working the check station at the processor in Centerville with the local TPWD biologist. I remember that first weekend of the season we checked 1 single buck that was over 1 year old and he was a 3 year old. He looked like a monster compared to the multitude of yearling bucks we checked but he was just an average 8 pointer.
                              Exactly what a game warden told me about Leon county. We had a small place there for 35 yrs just north of centerville on the west side of the highway. Very few deer made 4 and only a couple made 5. So we hunted hogs instead.
                              But those older bucks really had impressive trophy bodies and chocolate racks.

Those bucks above are really nice deer for western Leon County.

Comment

Working...
                              X