No announcement yet.

If you were going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Larue 6.5 grendel upper is a heck of a deal for an all round rifle. Slap it on a lower of your choice with one of their triggers, and you are gtg. It’s an absolute tack driver. I have qd mounts and toggle between a regular scope and thermal. A Dead Air Nomad 30 is in jail for it currently as well. And no… I don’t use both scopes at the same time [emoji2957]

LaRue Complete 18" 6.5 Grendel Match Grade Upper - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
      This Larue 6.5 grendel upper is a heck of a deal for an all round rifle. Slap it on a lower of your choice with one of their triggers, and you are gtg. It’s an absolute tack driver. I have qd mounts and toggle between a regular scope and thermal. A Dead Air Nomad 30 is in jail for it currently as well. And no… I don’t use both scopes at the same time [emoji2957]

LaRue Complete 18" 6.5 Grendel Match Grade Upper - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Nice rifle. It doesn't effect accuracy as far as I know, but your day scope is backwards in the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
        Nice rifle. It doesn't effect accuracy as far as I know, but your day scope is backwards in the mount.

Sure is lol. Thanks for noticing… I need to swap that around I guess.

Comment

Haha! Sorry, what I did as trying to say is that it’s hard not to let that sway your decision.

Comment

Grendal all day long!

Comment

if you decide the 300blk. route and going short , i'd suggest sticking to 10.5" ... while you can get shorter ones , getting them to run right on everything becomes harder and harder to accomplish.

like another guy mentioned , there is also 7.62x39 .. i made a 10.5" side charge and it runs fine with enough power similar to 300blk ... ammo is or was cheap and available but you lose the sub factor for the most part.. yeah you cn find them if you look hard enough but not like you can 300blk.

anyhow good luck on your build, whatever you decide to pick.

Comment

End results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice. What grip is that?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Key is AR and 125 yds. At that range you really don’t need the Grendel that shines at long range. 6.8 is great but it’s been hard to get ammo. 300BLK is ok but best suppressed with subs. If you reload then either the 300 ham’r or the 25-45 sharps. But all in all under 200 yds the 7.62x39 is a beast. It’s nasty on animals. It’s cheap as ur going to find and it’s easy to find. You can buy the expensive stuff or run the cheap stuff. The wolf 125SP and 123-124HP drops stuff like no other. I’m a believe in the X39. I have dedicated more than one season to use only this round. And nothing took a step. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      End results
                      Nice looking rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                        I might go with 300 BLK as I was in the garage this morning and found a couple hundred rounds I forgot were in ammo storage, as well about 500 pieces of new brass.

I really like my BO as a defensive gun but it ain't no hunting gun!

Go Grendel or 6.8 SPC, I like SPC personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

To late…But curious on why it “ain’t no hunting gun.”

Comment

If you were going

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

I’ve got plenty of dead animals that would
                            disagree…………if they could, but they’re dead so…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I think the main problem people have with .300 blackout is they go in with skewed expectations. Know it's limits and know what projectile is going to work best with your setup. There is no magical reason it won't kill stuff just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X