Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Some serious shooters with that gear! I love it

I got a HALO 50x now and got a HALO 35x on order at dealer cash price. Ready for it to come in
    Definitely some serious shooters in the group, but there was nothing serious about last night. We let quite a few hogs get away cause everyone was more interested in checking out the gear than pulling the trigger lol it was a good ol time for sure. We do this shindig every year, and Thursday night is always goon night. After that we’re too deep into beer and meat to get the rifles out.

Comment

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Definitely some serious shooters in the group, but there was nothing serious about last night. We let quite a few hogs get away cause everyone was more interested in checking out the gear than pulling the trigger lol it was a good ol time for sure. We do this shindig every year, and Thursday night is always goon night. After that we’re too deep into beer and meat to get the rifles out.

I could have bought the setup I have now years ago and never did because I was more interested in buying bolt guns vs cool accessories.

That thermal, suppressor and 6.8 SPC make it way more fun than lights, no suppressor and .223.

Lights still have their place but spotting and stalking a few pigs then thermals are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Black Ice; 04-23-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Couple more
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Same here lol when we do annual guys trips!

I love it. Your living right

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
            Is 25 too low of a refresh rate for shooting animals on the move?
            If they animals are standing dead still and you're only looking to take one shot, then yes it will work BUT I would absolutely advise against it. 30hz was the standard until about 2016-2017 and back then 50/60hz was something you generally paid a $1,000 upgrade fee to get. By 2017 everyone was moving to 50/60hz as a standard refresh rate. In this day and age, there is no reason to buy less than 50hz.

I hope this helps.

Comment

The mythical iRay USA Alpha has finally arrived! It's been over a year but limited production has finally started and the design, housing and function is everything it was promised to be. We'll be reviewing this optic on The Late Night Vision Show in the next couple weeks.

Description The RICO ALPHA is the culmination of decades of user feedback, research, development, and American engineering all imbedded in a thermal weapon-sight that is purpose built for the discerning nighthunter. From the Autoloading Guarded Power Connector (AGPC) to the battery latch design, the RQD Quick Release M
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 04-25-2022, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                If they animals are standing dead still and you're only looking to take one shot, then yes it will work BUT I would absolutely advise against it. 30hz was the standard until about 2016-2017 and back then 50/60hz was something you generally paid a $1,000 upgrade fee to get. By 2017 everyone was moving to 50/60hz as a standard refresh rate. In this day and age, there is no reason to buy less than 50hz.

I hope this helps.
                Very well said! That's why I said his scope in ? must be really old

Comment

Been looking at the Talion XQ-38 and waiting for it to come out so I can read some reviews, but since it's not available thought about the Thermion XQ38. Did a quick side by side comparison on the Pulsar website and they're pretty similar. The Talion Price and battery life seem to be the biggest advantages.

Now, I'm no expert and I'm sure I missed some big advantages that the Thermion has. Can someone tell me what it is about the Thermion that makes it the better option over the Talion?

Comment

Hunt from earlier in the month where we got a few fox.

Hog Hunt that Bazo made from the picture further up.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                      Been looking at the Talion XQ-38 and waiting for it to come out so I can read some reviews, but since it's not available thought about the Thermion XQ38. Did a quick side by side comparison on the Pulsar website and they're pretty similar. The Talion Price and battery life seem to be the biggest advantages.

Now, I'm no expert and I'm sure I missed some big advantages that the Thermion has. Can someone tell me what it is about the Thermion that makes it the better option over the Talion?
                      I know you and I have been talking via PM and I replied to your question there but I'm going to post that summary here as well because I've had another phone call and email asking the same question in the last 18 hours, so you're not the only one confused.

This is going to be long but hopefully might help some folks....

This is where comparing thermal optics on paper completely breaks down and the specs become nearly useless. The Thermion 2 XQ38 is going to be a superior optic and Pulsar has stated that the Talion is intended to be an entry level scope and it's being built to compete with the AGM Rattler and Bering Hogsters in the same price category.

On paper things can look the same but what you're not seeing is the quality of the front glass lens, the quality of the germanium lens, exactly which thermal sensor they are using and it's quality, the thermal core and software behind that core, the quality of the display screen or the quality of the rear eyepiece. The point is, the specs only get you so far and its honestly where real hands on experience is going to be the only way to tell for a 100% fact how the two scopes will compare. But I know that the Thermion 2 XQ38 is their flagship model and they will not be replacing it or building a competing optic and sell it for $2,500. It's just not going to happen right now.

I completely understand the confusion because on paper so many optics all look the same or are darn close to it but you're only seeing 50% of the important specs and details and the other data is honestly more important than the specs you're reading. I've seen different scopes using the exact same brand and resolution thermal sensor and one of the scopes looks like a million bucks and the other looks like a reject. By looking on paper you'll never know it, but the proof is in the pudding.

I know that's a long write up and it will honestly frustrate more people than it helps because we all want to be able to look at a piece of paper and know how a thermal scope is going to perform but it's just not possible. It really takes talking to someone who's put them all side by side to know for sure.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        I know you and I have been talking via PM and I replied to your question there but I'm going to post that summary here as well because I've had another phone call and email asking the same question in the last 18 hours, so you're not the only one confused.

This is going to be long but hopefully might help some folks....

This is where comparing thermal optics on paper completely breaks down and the specs become nearly useless. The Thermion 2 XQ38 is going to be a superior optic and Pulsar has stated that the Talion is intended to be an entry level scope and it's being built to compete with the AGM Rattler and Bering Hogsters in the same price category.

On paper things can look the same but what you're not seeing is the quality of the front glass lens, the quality of the germanium lens, exactly which thermal sensor they are using and it's quality, the thermal core and software behind that core, the quality of the display screen or the quality of the rear eyepiece. The point is, the specs only get you so far and its honestly where real hands on experience is going to be the only way to tell for a 100% fact how the two scopes will compare. But I know that the Thermion 2 XQ38 is their flagship model and they will not be replacing it or building a competing optic and sell it for $2,500. It's just not going to happen right now.

I completely understand the confusion because on paper so many optics all look the same or are darn close to it but you're only seeing 50% of the important specs and details and the other data is honestly more important than the specs you're reading. I've seen different scopes using the exact same brand and resolution thermal sensor and one of the scopes looks like a million bucks and the other looks like a reject. By looking on paper you'll never know it, but the proof is in the pudding.

I know that's a long write up and it will honestly frustrate more people than it helps because we all want to be able to look at a piece of paper and know how a thermal scope is going to perform but it's just not possible. It really takes talking to someone who's put them all side by side to know for sure.

Jason
                        Thank you sir!

Honestly I was embarrassed to ask you another question and thought I'd post it on here to see if I can get an answer without bothering you again.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          Thank you sir!

Honestly I was embarrassed to ask you another question and thought I'd post it on here to see if I can get an answer without bothering you again.
                          You aren't bothering me! We all learn from asking questions and these are expensive optics and not asking the right questions FIRST means wasted money later. Ask away!

Jason

Comment

Jason, any word on when the Talion will be released?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't have thermal is on my dream list though, every time I save some money something comes up, hopefully I can afford to get a used one from one of y'all that gets a new upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                Jason, any word on when the Talion will be released?

No sir, radio silence. The last I was told was early May.

The 3 new Axion handheld models showed up a couple weeks ago so that's a good sign. Hopefully the Talions will follow them soon....

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X