Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

All these years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these years!

all these years of hunting i never knew you had to have a special license in addition to your hunting license to hunt public land,the super combo does not cover that...and you have to hunt like heck to find the mention in the hunting guide...and its and extra 40$ or 50$ ...i hunt private land so am not affected but...im affected ...cause what if??
    You would think this would be mentioned up front and clearly known...WHO KNEW?

I knew. But it wasn’t because I found it in the Annual. I knew because I had a buddy that hunted public and he’d let me look through the lands guide he got with his permit.

Comment

I bought my first "Type II" permit in 1988. It cost $35 back then. Just bought my AHP last week. 34 yrs in a row !

Comment

$48 and a good options with some draw hunt opportunities...I started doing it in college for the few free weekends I had to try and deer hunt. Never saw anything, but didn't know what I was doing, either. I won the Amazon bayou epostcard hunt last year for archery and walked up on 5 deer and saw another 10. Guess you could say I still do t know what I am doing haha.

Comment

There is some public land where only a basic license is needed.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
            I bought my first "Type II" permit in 1988. It cost $35 back then. Just bought my AHP last week. 34 yrs in a row !
            33 years later and only a $13 increase. Not bad.

Comment

Is this the same license for public land dove hunting? Seems like that was about $48 bucks several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                Is this the same license for public land dove hunting? Seems like that was about $48 bucks several years ago.
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                  There is some public land where only a basic license is needed.

ya know what..because i hunt private land ,,this never ran through my head...does make sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post

Same here for duck hunting, except the year was 1989 for me. That $35 Type II fee paid for itself 10 fold on the numerous lakes across Texas through 2008 when I was chasing them.

OP you don't need the extra permit on every piece of public land. Just the designated ones. The federal national forest and grasslands type places don't require them IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                      all these years of hunting i never knew you had to have a special license in addition to your hunting license to hunt public land,the super combo does not cover that...and you have to hunt like heck to find the mention in the hunting guide...and its and extra 40$ or 50$ ...i hunt private land so am not affected but...im affected ...cause what if??
                      You would think this would be mentioned up front and clearly known...WHO KNEW?
                      Yea, I just learned about it after watching a episode of Lone Star Law. I thought, “good grief another money grab.”

Comment

thank you Smart!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X