No announcement yet.

James Daughtrey management 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always fun to hunt down south, but since they removed the spikes from the management hunt (for adults), chances of a buck are slim. We drew it last year and they said they shoot very few management bucks (the high success rate in the past was due to spikes). If you want pigs, go to compartment 5 back by the lake. Should be able to get a doe as well, they're not too hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Tons of does there. We’ve been picked for a youth only hunt again this year. Was there 2 years ago along the creek and had shots every sit. There are big deer there. This dude waltzed out and grazed for an hour. He had to have known it was a doe only hunt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Nice buck........what compartment were you guys in?

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        Tons of does there. We’ve been picked for a youth only hunt again this year. Was there 2 years ago along the creek and had shots every sit. There are big deer there. This dude waltzed out and grazed for an hour. He had to have known it was a doe only hunt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d love to draw the GDE permit, looks like a bunch of solid deer in that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep in mind that the GDE hunt is in January after all of the archery, youth, management, etc. hunts. It's held after the rut, too. Most bucks are wary and nocturnal by the time the GDE hunt rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
            Nice buck........what compartment were you guys in?
            I don’t remember. We were in a unit to the left of a highway and south of a creek bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              Keep in mind that the GDE hunt is in January after all of the archery, youth, management, etc. hunts. It's held after the rut, too. Most bucks are wary and nocturnal by the time the GDE hunt rolls around.
              Facts....

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                We drew that hunt last year. We picked compartment #4 I believe. It’s the one right behind the campground at the check in station. Brother and nephew both shot a doe. I somehow missed mine. I did see a good management buck on the last day but before I could get into position, I got winded and he was gone.
                That’s a good compartment from what the folks running the hunts say. I had #3 several years back and it was loaded with pigs and Javi’s lol.

Comment

Any reports from the Daughtrey management hunts?

Comment

The youth whacked some good ones that were posted 12/22

Comment

Originally posted by DropTine12 View Post
                      Any reports from the Daughtrey management hunts?
                      We passed on a couple doe early thinking we’d see more and never saw another one. Saw a couple borderline management bucks that we passed on and some studs we couldn’t shoot. It was pretty hot so that didn’t help things.

Comment

Originally posted by trainwreck203 View Post
                        We passed on a couple doe early thinking we’d see more and never saw another one. Saw a couple borderline management bucks that we passed on and some studs we couldn’t shoot. It was pretty hot so that didn’t help things.
                        What compartment were you guys in? I’ve already sent in my compartment list so can’t change it now but I’ll be there Tuesday for the GDE hunt.
                        Last edited by Rounder; 01-02-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                          What compartment were you guys in? I’ve already sent in my compartment list so can’t change it now but I’ll be there Tuesday for the GDE hunt.

We were in 5. Has he told you which one you got yet?

Comment

Originally posted by trainwreck203 View Post
                            We were in 5. Has he told you which one you got yet?

Not yet but we just got the email to pick Wednesday and I sent mine in Thursday. He has had an archery hunt going since Thursday so few other things going on I’m sure.

5 was my top choice (per his recommendation) but I’m picking 5th so doubt I’ll get it unless the top 4 just didn’t ask him what he thought.

Comment

Working...
                            X