No announcement yet.

Tacoma Question - Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Man;15820371]Thanks. Seems to be the consensus from above post as well...keep same motor and mod. Like I said this is just a toy at this point and will become my mid life crisis vehicle. Yall don't even want to know what I have in store for this truck.

Just did this with the Tundra. Needed heads done at 325.000.
    Found a vehicle in Dallas with 105.000 and I bought engine. trans, transfer case, rack and pinion, etc. Changed out dang near everything for $3500.00

Should of bought front and rear axles.

Call me if you want to go all the way and I will help....................

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
      Funny you ask this I just rolled 300,000 miles on my 2003 tacoma no major issues just occasional maintenance and the regular oil changes, "whitey" is just getting broke]
      Haha love the cheesy 80's freeze jump

Comment

I've got 305,000 on my '07 and still going strong. It is a daily driver, tows all the time, primarily as the work truck for my business. It's got more power and better acceleration than my '19.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
          Uh, if your waiting for the engine to give some sign that it needs replaced, you might be waiting another couple hundred thousand miles.

My buddy is a hotshot driver and put 1 million miles on his with original motor, Trans, and rear-end...HE IS STILL DRIVING IT.......I wouldn't start making plans just yet....

Comment

Working...
          X