Diamondback DB-10 trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamondback DB-10 trigger?

Is it an AR-15 trigger group or one of the mess of non standard AR-10s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No such thing as a standard/non-standard AR10, but they all run AR15 triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      No such thing as a standard/non-standard AR10, but they all run AR15 triggers.
      Everything except some colts and the original AR15 some have different trigger pin size.

Comment

If it’s the same trigger as in my DB15 then it’s ok. I put a Rise Armament 3.5lb single stage in mine and it made a world of difference.

Comment

So will a standard AR-15 trigger drop into a Diamondback DB10?

Comment

Yes, a standard AR15 trigger will drop in. I had the same rifle, and used the CMC drop in flat trigger. It made a great deal of a difference. Send it!

Comment

When I upgraded my AR10 trigger my buddy told me to make sure I got a trigger designed for the AR10. His reasoning was the AR10 Bolt Carrier Group is heavier than the AR15. The extra mass could break the hammer on an AR15 trigger. Seemed reasonable to me so I got a CMC AR10 trigger....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                When I upgraded my AR10 trigger my buddy told me to make sure I got a trigger designed for the AR10. His reasoning was the AR10 Bolt Carrier Group is heavier than the AR15. The extra mass could break the hammer on an AR15 trigger. Seemed reasonable to me so I got a CMC AR10 trigger....
                Your friend work at an academy gun counter?

When the bcg begins reward motion, it's already in contact with the hammer, so it's not striking it, just pushing it: mass would make no difference.

The only difference you might find between a trigger sold as specifically made for an AR10 would be the hammer spring being a bit stronger because someone thought the AR15 hammer spring might not reliably ignite 308 primers. Survey says that was a lie.

BTW, CMCs triggers state "AR15/AR10" on their website. They don't sell separate triggers for each.

edit: hammer on those AR10 labelled triggers might be a bit bigger, for the same reasoning as the increased spring force. Again, unnecessary.
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 09-12-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Your friend work at an academy gun counter?

When the bcg begins reward motion, it's already in contact with the hammer, so it's not striking it, just pushing it: mass would make no difference.

The only difference you might find between a trigger sold as specifically made for an AR10 would be the hammer spring being a bit stronger because someone thought the AR15 hammer spring might not reliably ignite 308 primers. Survey says that was a lie.

BTW, CMCs triggers state "AR15/AR10" on their website. They don't sell separate triggers for each.

edit: hammer on those AR10 labelled triggers might be a bit bigger, for the same reasoning as the increased spring force. Again, unnecessary.
                  No he doesn't work at Academy.

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  X