How much brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    3 blades wide and why just 100 yards I would not spray after because you want weeds and new growth to come back. You can shred
    The 100 yards was thought of because of the time frame, since the driver has to travel he will only be able to work 4-5 hours max that day. It’s hard to say if the funds will allow for a 2nd day of work.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
      The 100 yards was thought of because of the time frame, since the driver has to travel he will only be able to work 4-5 hours max that day. It’s hard to say if the funds will allow for a 2nd day of work.
      Not sure why yall dont rent or hire a skid steer. That brush could be handled by a skid steer easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        Not sure why yall dont rent or hire a skid steer. That brush could be handled by a skid steer easily.
        That’s a option too, just trying to see what can get the work done and at the least expensive route.

Comment

If the operator is good, you'll get done what your wanting to do.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem with a good operator. If the ground is fairly wet, it should help a lot. The only problem you run into is the small trees breaking off at the base and having to work the stumps out. If it's real dry, it's obviously harder to get the trees out without them breaking at the base.

I'm not a mulching fan at all. Leaves stumps and takes longer.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-28-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'd wait until I had enough money for two days, if you are set on the dozer. Get all your work done plus a little extra maybe? Steak, beer and bunk might have the operator up early on day 2? Shredder or brush cutter might be options since it isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                I'd wait until I had enough money for two days, if you are set on the dozer. Get all your work done plus a little extra maybe? Steak, beer and bunk might have the operator up early on day 2? Shredder or brush cutter might be options since it isn't too bad.
                That might have to be the plan.

Comment

We had a fence line cleared a while back. Just over 3,000ft and 20-30 ft wide. They did it in about 8 hours and it had some big trees in there.

I would recommend a skidsteer with a mulching head or the landshark shredder.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                    Shouldn't be a problem with a good operator. If the ground is fairly wet, it should help a lot. The only problem you run into is the small trees breaking off at the base and having to work the stumps out. If it's real dry, it's obviously harder to get the trees out without them breaking at the base.

I'm not a mulching fan at all. Leaves stumps and takes longer.

X2 on the mulching. Never been much of a fan of it after we had our place done. WAY to many stumps to deal with afterwards and a good dozer operator would run circles around a mulching rig.

Good operator will knock that project out well within that time frame.

Comment

If your end goal is to have a cleared sendero then definitely don’t mulch it. Dozer is the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        X2 on the mulching. Never been much of a fan of it after we had our place done. WAY to many stumps to deal with afterwards and a good dozer operator would run circles around a mulching rig.

Good operator will knock that project out well within that time frame.
                        We learned the hard way. Spent a lot of money to learn how much better a track loader/dozer is. Our guy used one of the largest mulching machines available (Barko 930). My buddy that finished out the clearing for us has done three times the work in the same amount of time with a mid sized track loader.

I work for a large scale excavation company. We have over 100 pieces of equipment, and none are mulchers.
                        Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-28-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                          If your end goal is to have a cleared sendero then definitely don’t mulch it. Dozer is the way to go

Why is that? A dozer is great in some instances. Only issue I have is the footprint of disturbance you are left with. Skid steer with tree shear or even a bucket can do some work fast in South Texas.

Comment

To kill mesquite you need to get the roots out. Shredding/mulching will just spread it and it will be that much harder to kill next time

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              Why is that? A dozer is great in some instances. Only issue I have is the footprint of disturbance you are left with. Skid steer with tree shear or even a bucket can do some work fast in South Texas.
                              If the landowner is fine with pushing the brush piles in the brush and leaving them, the dozer will be much faster. What's the big deal with disturbed ground? Deer love fresh growth.

Comment

It may be a good idea to check with the landowner if he was wanting anything done himself (that he would pay for).

Comment

Working...
                                X