No announcement yet.

Helicopters and pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our lease they are just getting back to decent numbers three years after.

Gary

Comment

Thanks guys. We asked about the ride along too. Didn’t get a no but did get a sly snicker. So no.

Comment

KILL EM ALL!!! That would not bother me 1 bit since it's after the season. They'll no doubt be back.

Comment

The land owner allowing others to hunt the property by any means should have been covered in your lease agreement. If it’s not, you now know why it should have been.

Comment

They will be back sooner than later.......by this summer you wont even know that they had a helo hunt. When the helo starts flying and thousands of bullets get sprayed all around the deer and pigs will be hauling butt to get out of there. Deer will settle back in fairly quickly but it will take the pigs a little longer to start coming back in.....but they will come and yall will have plenty to shoot at by mid summer.

Comment

I know of a place that did it 2days in a row and they came back the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                The land owner allowing others to hunt the property by any means should have been covered in your lease agreement. If it’s not, you now know why it should have been.
                Put that in the agreement and you will still be looking for a lease.

Comment

Is it in your lease agreement the landowner can invite others to hunt? If its not I wouldnt be happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
                    So the landowner on our lease told us he was going to have a helicopter crew come in to shoot pigs because we haven’t killed enough. We’ve killed over 100 this year. As a landowner myself I want them gone too but as a lease member that loves killing them I like them around. My question to the green screen is: how long after he does this before they show back up? He said he did it 5 yrs ago and they killed 200 in a day.
                    I'm sure "enough" means y'all didn't kill them all.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                      Put that in the agreement and you will still be looking for a lease.
                      That’s funny because every lease I’ve ever been on gave exclusive hunting rights to the to the lease members. The landowners themselves cannot hunt the property.

Comment

It isn't hunting, it is protecting his property from depredation.

Kinda like army worms, mice/rats in grain barn, can he (LO) kill those too without reviewing the lease permission/agreement?

Comment

That’s funny because every lease I’ve ever been on gave exclusive hunting rights to the to the lease members. The landowners themselves cannot hunt the property.
                          Apparently this landowner wants to so good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            If you really want to get rid of the pigs, invite me hunting one time.

Guess its great for landowners, not fun for me. I have not seen a pig in almost 4 years. Multiple places I have gained access to hunt that were over run with hogs, hunted a few times, never see a pig. Then they completely disappear. No more hitting the feeders, no more cam pictures, no more destruction.

I clean them out without ever firing a shot!
                            Don't worry according to TBH math they reproduce so fast that in 2 years we will becovered up..In 5 years it will take the military to hold them back.. In 10 years we will all be dead because of them..

And they've been saying that for +/- 20 years on here

They will never admit their numbers are wrong. It's about as bad as the climate change predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Don't worry according to TBH math they reproduce so fast that in 2 years we will becovered up..In 5 years it will take the military to hold them back.. In 10 years we will all be dead because of them..

And they've been saying that for +/- 20 years on here

They will never admit their numbers are wrong. It's about as bad as the climate change predictions.
                              It's the pigpocalypse. So many pigs, it is only a matter of time.

Al Gore was right all along, the numbers are so high, soon the interspecies breeding will occur, and once the manbearpig arrives. We are all doomed.

Comment

FYI he’s not allowing others to come into kill them he’s doing it himself. Hired the helicopter
                                Don’t get me wrong they drive me nuts most of the time I was just looking for guesstimates on how long before everyone thinks we see them again.

Comment

Working...
                                X