Ready to pull the trigger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to pull the trigger....

on a Samick Sage. Got my first 2 bow kills with the compound this deer season and find myself wanting to dive deeper into archery as a sport. My goal is to get a recurve to practice with and hopefully become proficient enough by summer to bowfish with it. Not really concerning myself with big game at this point. I guess my question is....before I jump right in is there a another bow I should be looking into? Trying to stay under $150 with this as I'm not positive I'll stick with it.

Rich

I got one this year for the same reason! Didn't want to tie up a bunch of money to find out I didn't like it! I got more money in arrows and Broadheads than the bow! 45lb Sage. Got my first traditional kill this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got several Java last year with my Red Stag.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        I got one this year for the same reason! Didn't want to tie up a bunch of money to find out I didn't like it! I got more money in arrows and Broadheads than the bow! 45lb Sage. Got my first traditional kill this year!!

Congrats! I was looking at 45# as well. Sounds like I just need to jump right in.

Comment

I may be able to help you out. I've got one at home, pretty sure its 45lbs and some arrows. Never got around to shooting it. I'll check this evening if you're interested and can send you some pics. PM if you're interested.

Comment

Hmmm, at that price point y’all have me thinking I might need one!

Comment

You do need one Ikeman!

Comment

You don’t need to practice to bowfish! Just find some water with some carp and get to shooting at them. When you think you are aiming under the fish, a a little lower!!!

Good luck and have fun!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  You don’t need to practice to bowfish! Just find some water with some carp and get to shooting at them. When you think you are aiming under the fish, a a little lower!!!

Good luck and have fun!

Bisch

Thanks! I'm ready to get started.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    I may be able to help you out. I've got one at home, pretty sure its 45lbs and some arrows. Never got around to shooting it. I'll check this evening if you're interested and can send you some pics. PM if you're interested.
                    I'd definitely be interested in some pics/price? I've tried to pm you but think I may be having issues through tapatalk. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Good luck and have fun!

Bisch

This made me laugh because it is so **** true. The best practice for bow fishing is.... bow fishing. Any conventional practice up to that point, you have to throw out the window. The first and only time I've been bow fishing, I tried to use my good form... tried to hit anchor and aim... and all that jazz... I didn't start hitting fish until I just looked at em and lowered my bow arm until it felt about right for how deep I thought they might be. The only thing I did try and hold on to was hitting my anchor... I didn't want to develop the bad habbit of snap shooting... which is easy to do when the boat is moving and the fish is moving....

Comment

That is so true. Just wear an arm guard. Because your form will be second to shooting a fish you will clip your forearm now and then. And it smarts!

Comment

Working...
                        X