Looking for the name of an Oklahoma bower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a long bow a feller was shoot-n several years ago at a 3D shoot. Saw him and his wife at a few shoots. The carvings in the bow and attention to detail were beyond compare. It had several game species in it. Tips were bone. And just an overall beautiful piece of art. I think he said he ordered it. And the old gentleman that made it was thinking about retiring. Anybody got an idea who it might be/been that made the bow? I wouldn't mind having one just for the sake of it's beauty.

I bet you're talking about G.W. Flanagan bows.

Rick

Comment

Flanagan would be my guess as well. I never have seen one with carving but he does build some beauties.

Comment

My bet would be on GW Flanagan also, and he is retired now.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks fellers! That may be just the bower. I'll see if I can find some pics of his crafty works on the net.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

What's the deal? No metal to be " electro fushioned " at the moment?? Lol

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a G. W. bow to me especially if it's a glass bow. I have a recurve he made with a carving in the grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                What's the deal? No metal to be " electro fushioned " at the moment?? Lol

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Correct, I had yesterday off. But could have on the home front. Curious, any particular reason as to why you would like to know?

And thanks to the rest of you fellers for taking the time to answer my question.

Comment

Google led me to 3 threads right to TBH on his bows (there are a lot more). Two have carvings . But neither is the bow I saw. Still impressive.

Comment

Just got home from work and got you a pic of his carving on the bow I have from him.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The only other bowyer that does ornate engravings that I know of is Blacktail. Those are not from OK though!

They are really fancy, and very expensive!!!!

Bisch

Comment

G.W. does some nice stuff, he is retired, but still makes one here and there..
                        theres a recurve out there, that id like to have but don't know who own's it...

Comment

Here is the one that I had, refinished, and then sold. It had an oak leaf on the grip. Sort of part carved and part stippled.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            The only other bowyer that does ornate engravings that I know of is Blacktail. Those are not from OK though!

They are really fancy, and very expensive!!!!

Bisch

Dang it!!!

I didn't need to know these bows existed.

Comment

Working...
                            X