Official Granger PHL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
    Lots of snakes, I see a rattlesnake or a water moccasin nearly every trip, copperheads occasionally, and I’m out there at least once or twice a month. I nearly stepped on this big guy last fall while trying to kick up some dove. Nowhere near water, either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know

Comment

Bet that's some good eatin'!

If yall get to walking through reeds be extra cautious. These guys blend in good with the mud as do rattle snakes. They don't rattle anyore due to evolution as that's how hogs find and eat em.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
        YouTube scouting also from a distance. Lol. If I get drawn I’ll get some boots out. Do y’all run into many rattlesnakes out there? Looks like a lot of high grass/ brush areas. Always interesting reading here if I don’t get a permit. Good luck guys

A lot of snakes and a lot of poison ivy/poison oak everywhere. Most folks that get drawn hunt the first weekend and then never show back up the rest of the season. Not an easy hunt and a lot of pressure on the animals that are out there.

Comment

Lions and tigers and bears! The moccasins are there. And rattlers not seen yet but certain as know local dirt. Hope some dove are available for a starter. Nothing else a few crappie is acceptable. If I get drawn, maybe?

Comment

and yes lots of poison oak and ivy. And I used to not be affected. Now I am. Hard to find anywhere without a fair bit. Yuk. And when leaves drop still bad for those sensitive so learn the vine and sign. The oil stays hot for 5 years or more so boots and touch still no go. Ill stop.

Comment

Heading back in the am to update the locations of all locals treestands. Oh, and to get you boys some pictures! This thread is worthless without pictures! Here's a teaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                I'm beginning to think this thread is being put up as a decoy every year to distract from some other public land unit.

There are no hogs at Granger. There are no deer at Granger. It gets swarmed by squirrel hunters every day of the year.

Now that I've got the caveats out of the way, sure I guess I'll put in for it this year. Nothing to lose, right? I can always shoot armadillos and squirrels while I chase more interesting nonexistent critters.
                There are no squirrels left either. Just ants ticks and vultures.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  Heading back in the am to update the locations of all locals treestands. Oh, and to get you boys some pictures! This thread is worthless without pictures! Here's a teaser.

ok. Now Im mad. Or glad?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post

W T F is wrong with you

Comment

Get over it. I share pictures and locations with guys that get drawn every year and they score. Meet me out in the morning at 6am and Ill show you around. Plan on 8-12 miles.

Comment

Hot, sweaty, and snake filled day!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics. Maybe this will be the year I draw.

Comment

But a good day none the less

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                              Nice pics. Maybe this will be the year I draw.
                              Same here, does anybody know how many points it takes to get drawn in this unit usually.
                              If not I'll be back in spring to hunt hogs again. Maybe I can get these sucka's to come out during the daylight
                              Attached Files

Comment

great pics. Nice encouragement and sharing. Looks like the sign in is required this year for all types of hunting. eOSR. No big deal but liked not having to deal with that in the past. Need to start working at preperation. Lazy heat!

Comment

Working...
                                X