Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building My Public Land Bike

Finally got around to adding a bow rack to my bike

Full write up on mounting the bow rack and a game cart mod that should work on any bike: Full Writeup
    Attached Files

Wouldn't fat tires be better? Just a question. As I haven't ridden a bike in years.

Comment

I imagine so...I went with a Craigslist special so just working with what is currently on the bike at the moment

Comment

Great idea, looks cool, good luck with this project.

Comment

Nice build! I've been cycling for sometime now - I have fat-tire and 29er - I can say if anyone is going to go with fat-tire try and get an aluminum frame and not steel cause it's going to be really heavy with those tires and frame.

Fat-tires were originally created for snow and sand - you can use lower pressure in the tires, but the benefits don't outweigh the cost of them. For most of us here we're not going to go on technical biking trails - so a good used "craigslist" deal is probably the best way to go.

Comment

*don't know why I put craigslist in quotation marks haha

Comment

Can you show a picture of the connection from the crawler to the bike. The Crawler is a nice cart by the way.

Comment

Thanks Romulan... it’s definitely served me well this season

Cashcropper, you can see the approach I took for attaching here

Both the rack and cart have pretty simple attachments..the crawler just needs a rack from Walmart and a few parts from the hardware store

Comment

The crawler need to fold up a d off the ground for the ride it. If not it’s goung to make quite a it of noise. Nice build

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sweet Website! I like the aider - I've recently switch to saddle hunting and use a carry-as-you-go aider with a rock climbing sewn sling - I hadn't thought to girth hitch it to my foot. I'll give it a try with the safety line - thanks for idea!

Comment

Very Nice! Would work in Idaho on some of those roads they close to MV during hunting season.

Comment

Another good write up
                          Nicely done!

Comment

Heck yeah.

Comment

Now that is an awesome set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X