1966 Ford F100 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    They make a wood bed floor kit for that trunk that looks awesome.
    This is the bed kit we plan to go with. If it’s my choice we pick the weathered look but I will let him pick the color.
    120 spots welds is what we had to drill out to get the bed to this point. I will take out the pieces infront and behind the wheel wells once we get the kit to make sure we don’t trim to much away.
    Floor pans will get fitted and welded in this week. The top of the roof is probably going to be my next big task.
    Attached Files

Comment

Floor plans? You should have just pop riveted a few old license plates over the bad spots.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I’ll be following this one. Gonna be a cool thread.

Comment

Sure would be cool to drop a vintage police interceptor or T-bird 352 in that. Those old interceptor engine police cars would peg 140mph easy. 360hp and about 400tq.
          My first car that I ever bought and financed was a 1962 Galaxie XL 500 with that engine and a fo on da flo. That baby would haul butt. The year was 1964 when I graduated from HS. That car was a chick magnet bonafide!

Comment

Should be a fun project with your son!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAE81212-FB04-472E-B683-AE3DB5A3A6CB.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24574946

Here’s my old 66 custom cab ..
              wish I still had it ..

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                [ATTACH]950360[/ATTACH]

Here’s my old 66 custom cab ..
                wish I still had it ..
                That’s a really good looking truck!

Comment

This truck would look great with the old paint some new wheels and dropped. Any plan on lowering it?

Comment

From the pictures it looks like a short bed, which are getting harder to find. I had a ‘68 which was a blast to drive around. I always got comments from people about the truck when driving around, often it bringing back some memory for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      This truck would look great with the old paint some new wheels and dropped. Any plan on lowering it?
                      My sons has been giving me a hard time about lowering it. I would like to bring it down some but in the beginning he wasn’t trying to hear it. He has came around some on the idea but if we do it, it will be down the road. I love the stance of Grulla’s truck he posted here.

KC95GT- It is a short bed. That was one of the selling points for me. I don’t mind long beds but I prefer the look of the short beds.

Comment

Looking good Tommy, I too like the look of Grulla's truck and it would be an idea to paint the bottom and cab top like he did since those are your problem areas. Can't wait to see y'all roll up to church in that truck. She's gonna be nice.

Side note: Wild Bill might know where to get original parts if needed. I'm sure he's seen a few of them laid out in a yard somewhere.

Comment

Looks like a fun project. I like the way it looks with the old school steelies. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                            Looking good Tommy, I too like the look of Grulla's truck and it would be an idea to paint the bottom and cab top like he did since those are your problem areas. Can't wait to see y'all roll up to church in that truck. She's gonna be nice.

Side note: Wild Bill might know where to get original parts if needed. I'm sure he's seen a few of them laid out in a yard somewhere.
                            Thank you Sir!

Comment

Love the old trucks following along.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a 2004 crown Vic ifs and a 94 Ford Explorer rear end in it . In the front I just bought lowereing springs for it and the rear was just a axle flip .
                                I put a 5 speed out of a 93 Ford Mustang in it and had the 300 straight 6 .
                                I would go anywhere anytime. Ever had any issues with it , wish I still had it ..

Comment

Working...
                                X