Bahia Grande NWR Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bahia Grande NWR Exotic

Got super lucky and managed to draw this hunt with 5 points. I’ve driven past the Bahia a few times and I’ve always been amazed at how many bulls I see right there by the road. Has anyone been on the hunt before? Any pointers. I’d like the park on the side of 100 and walk through the no hunting area then get in there on one. If that’s not an option I’m going to be biking in I guess. Reckon they will allow an electric bike? I used one last year on a nwr in Colorado.

Bahia Grande NWR Exotic

Following. I got lucky as well. I drew second week. I have to create a plan. I know nothing about the area.
    @StraightWayOutdoors
    Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Sevr Broadheads, Pine Ridge Archery, Bloodline Fibers
    Last edited by Planopurist; 10-19-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I also will be there the second weekend. Hunted the main refuge several times. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

I drew last year with zero points. Snowmageddon screwed me over.

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
          I also will be there the second weekend. Hunted the main refuge several times. Looking forward to this one.
          You on the muzzleloader hunt? I’ll be there the second weekend with a .50 cal in hand.

Comment

Second Archery hunt. 2/11-2/15.
            I also was wondering if we can park on the 100 side.

Comment

I drew first week archery. Looking forward to it. Some good info on this thread from this years 2021 hunts.

Comment

I drew 2nd week archery. I’ll be following some of these threads for the 2022 hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                  I drew 2nd week archery. I’ll be following some of these threads for the 2022 hunt.
                  I don’t know how it’d be with a bow in there. Pretty tough I’d imagine

Comment

desert terrain be extra careful and lots of water! God bless and good luck!

Comment

I hope this isn't raining on anyone's parade and hopefully these are small control burns but this is currently going down out there.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                        I don’t know how it’d be with a bow in there. Pretty tough I’d imagine
                        Kind of cheating but as long as a crossbow is allowed, that’s what I’m bringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                          I hope this isn't raining on anyone's parade and hopefully these are small control burns but this is currently going down out there.
                          I don’t think that’s gonna affect anything to be honest. They’re always doing something silly down there.

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                          Kind of cheating but as long as a crossbow is allowed, that’s what I’m bringing.
                          I don’t blame you one bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X