DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    You think its necessary for that small of a boat? Seems like it should jump out the hole fairly quick without the cavitation plate, and it will cost you some speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure. I’m wanting to run the jackplate higher and thought it may help?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      Not sure. I’m wanting to run the jackplate higher and thought it may help?

Worth a shot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice work

Comment

Just read through it all and now I'm contemplating which kit/plans am I gonna order.

Looks great Michael!

Comment

Amazing build!

Comment

Absolutely amazing! I would definitely move that motor up a little higher....

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Just read through it all and now I'm contemplating which kit/plans am I gonna order.

Looks great Michael!

I contemplated going with the Salt Boatworks FRS-12 and am so thankful I decided on the 14! Though primarily I will be solo in her there are times someone will be with me and instead of taking the Majek out it will be nice to go in what I built.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  Absolutely amazing! I would definitely move that motor up a little higher....

As she sits it’s about as high as I can go but I do foresee trying up another inch.

Comment

As she sits it’s about as high as I can go but I do foresee trying up another inch.
                    High water intake mod on motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      High water intake mod on motor?

Not yet. I’ll be getting with a buddy in Victoria that modded his and get him to on my extra lower unit later.

Comment

This morning I worked on a bunch of little things that will make being out on Skipjack more comfortable. The SUP paddle mount has been installed and the 3M 5200 is curing. The phone and drink holders were must haves and the stakeout pole has been fabricated. Wednesday the heat shrink tubing will arrive for the DIY stakeout pole and I will show it off then. The last thing for today is to convert the outboard back to electric start after my buddy with the flywheel puller gets off work.

Comment

If you would have told me back in February when I started Project Skipjack that I would be where I am now on the build or that the Salt Boatworks FRS-14 plans would be so straightforward and easy to follow, I would question your sanity!

This morning we got Project Skipjack titled and registered with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department! The officer conducting the inspection was very impressed with the design saying she was the best looking home built vessel he has come across in his more than 20 years with the department. That makes me feel pretty darn good and is a testament in and of itself about the Salt Boatworks design!

I'm coming in late to the game here but just have to say that the testament here is to your abilities, patience and craftsmanship. Truly impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by CurrentTide View Post
                            I'm coming in late to the game here but just have to say that the testament here is to your abilities, patience and craftsmanship. Truly impressive!

Thank you sir!

Installed two of the three cushions with the third on my brides sewing table getting modified into a backrest now.

Comment

Man, that last pic is amazing!!! Unreal work you did sir. Looks better than the 15-20000 dollars skiffs online.

Comment

Drool

Comment

Working...
                                X