Looking for a job... Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    I just want back into college! Lots of young, young coaches working for very little $ these days. HS and JH just aren't for me.

My hero in coaching who has passed away now. I played for him in college and worked with in college too, always told me for years and years.

Johnson, you're not a real coach! You have never coached in Junior High and you haven't been fired twice!!

After 32 years in College, I never knew what he was talking about. After these past 2 years, I know EXACTLY what he is talking about

I still haven't been fired yet... so I am still workin on that one
    How do you hunt as a college coach? He was a GA coach in grad school but said it interfered with deer season too much to make a career out of it.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
      How do you hunt as a college coach? He was a GA coach in grad school but said it interfered with deer season too much to make a career out of it.

Well, the first 22 years as a football coach I didn't Maybe once or twice a year. I wised up and had an opportunity to change sports and be my own boss.

But the last 11 as a golf coach the Fall season was over before October and the Spring didn't interfere at all during the long season of golf from February to June. I recruited in the summer so it worked out perfect for hunting. I was truly spoiled over the last 11 years for sure!!!!!!

My problem with retirement is. I was at Private schools that didn't pay into TRS for 9 of those years.
      Last edited by Abcdj; 02-07-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I'm a certified ag teacher but I want to teach career and college readiness (resume building, job interview skills, budgeting, how to balance a checkbook, etc.

These skills ^^^^^^ are sorely lacking in public education

Comment

Expand your website gig and hire him!
          Always enjoy your recipes.

Comment

So our present school has decided to hire a different head coach. Thus is the life of a coach in Texas. We're looking to move this summer, then, and my husband (his handle is Coach) is looking to get out of education.

Obviously, as a coach, he has had lots of experience in training, management, and leadership, and those skills will be very valuable in other fields, although his dream job would be to be a game ranch manager.

We'd really like to get back to Kerr County. I'm hoping to get back into teaching because our youngest will be in Kindergarten. I'm a certified ag teacher but I want to teach career and college readiness (resume building, job interview skills, budgeting, how to balance a checkbook, etc.). Hopefully I can teach and still keep up with my website, www.MyWildKitchen.com.

So, if anyone has any connections or leads on jobs, we'd love to talk about it! Send us a PM or leave a comment here.

Thanks for your input!

I truly hope you both find exactly what you're looking for. Your skills are outta sight with the computer and cooking. I am sure your husband's experiences in teaching and coaching will speak volumes for him. Yall are young. Don't be afraid to do something crazy! This thread is about him and you. I hope I didn't distract from it in any way. That was never my intention.
            Keep us posted on ya'lls journey!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              I truly hope you both find exactly what you're looking for. Your skills are outta sight with the computer and cooking. I am sure your husband's experiences in teaching and coaching will speak volumes for him. Yall are young. Don't be afraid to do something crazy! This thread is about him and you. I hope I didn't distract from it in any way. That was never my intention.
              Keep us posted on ya'lls journey!
              Thank you. And that never crossed my mind. Lot's of us are in similar boats, so the more insights we hear the broader our vision can go.

Comment

Thank you. And that never crossed my mind. Lot's of us are in similar boats, so the more insights we hear the broader our vision can go.

One last thing!

You coaches wives are the crazy bunch! Putting up with all our hours away from home, crazy schedules, caring for 100's of other peoples kids!

Yall are the bestest group of unsung heroes there are

Comment

Almost interviewed for the principal job in Leakey last year. I love visiting there but was afraid it was too much of a tourist town. Didn't like the price of real estate either. Good luck with the new jobs. Who is going to be the new coach down there?

Comment

Love your website, you no doubt have a great talent in that area. Can't help you much in Kerr County as I live in Menard but not terribly far away. If you want me to look around in this area, please let me know. I am familiar with most of the ranchers in the area and school personnel.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet Hunter View Post
                      Almost interviewed for the principal job in Leakey last year. I love visiting there but was afraid it was too much of a tourist town. Didn't like the price of real estate either. Good luck with the new jobs. Who is going to be the new coach down there?
                      They were interviewing today. Might know tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        Love your website, you no doubt have a great talent in that area. Can't help you much in Kerr County as I live in Menard but not terribly far away. If you want me to look around in this area, please let me know. I am familiar with most of the ranchers in the area and school personnel.
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        Thank you Gary.

Comment

I'm in Comfort at the HS and will keep my ears open. Coached for a long time but have been mainly a classroom teacher here. I'm kind of the opposite of others. I loved coaching but sure do enjoy the classroom as well and don't mind not having the long hours of coaching! Can't help on the ranch mng job as those are hard to come by in these parts but will definitely let you know if anything comes up here at the HS.

Comment

Coach could become a personal trainer to help all of us lose the weight we gained from your recipe's.

Good luck to y'all. Something will come along.

Comment

Any updates, Noel?

Thoughts and prayers continue for y'all.
                              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Did you ever try my Venison Meatloaf Recipe we discussed on the other forum? Just curious......

The area you folks want to settle in is unfortunately too far from the Marble Falls/Lampassas area that my previous land sales company has an office or I would recommend your "Coach" to look into it? Just as an idea, (retired in November of '17,) this was a Land Sales career WITH benefits and "draws" to get your started. Commission career's are NOT for everyone, but all I can say it was VERY lucrative for me and I spent my days driving in the country seeing critters and selling land.

If any interest, just Google National Land Partners to get an idea of what they do.

Just trying to help "anyone" looking for a career that can make you a great deal of $$ if you are willing to work.

Good luck and God Bless....

Comment

Working...
                                X