Would you rather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you rather...

Would you rather go with a 20” 7mm-08 or a 24” 6.5 CM? Cant decide on a new build.

What you going to use it for ? I love 20” guns for lease rides and deer stands

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
      What you going to use it for ? I love 20” guns for lease rides and deer stands
      This right here. Both rounds are good, depends on the use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mostly deer/pig hunting out of a blind but I would love to take a long range class and learn the fundamentals to stretch it out to 1000 yards. Rifle more than likely will be custom built.

Comment

Either would be fine in 18"

I have a 6.5 Tikka T3x w/ extended mag cut to 18". It has an after market stock and it's cerakoted. I looove that gun.

Comment

6.5 CM, same as your forum name.

Comment

Haha yea I have a 65CM right now but I want a custom built rig. I was also considering a 6.5SAUM bug was reading issues in short action rifles.

Comment

go 18" on 6.5CM. That with Hornady eld-x is bad medicine for animals. That way if you suppress it it's still roughly same length of standard rifles out of box and don't feel too long.

Buddy of mine has one setup this way and shot cow elk at 650yds and we've stretched it to 1300yds on steel no problem.

Comment

I went with a 6.5cm 24"- we will see if I cut the barrel back.

If you aren't handloading I feel there are better factory options available for the 6.5cm for ammo, whether its plinking, LR or hunting.

Comment

1000 yds is child’s play for either caliber with either barrel. If you’re suppressing then 20” 7-08 without a doubt. If you’re not suppressing it then either will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                      Haha yea I have a 65CM right now but I want a custom built rig. I was also considering a 6.5SAUM bug was reading issues in short action rifles.
                      I had my SAUM built in 2014, and have a couple 6.5 PRCs in my safe right now. All on short actions, and none have issues. The SAUM is pushing a 140 HVLD with the original GAP 4S chamber, and the PRCs are both factory spun Seekins without issue as well.

Comment

When I can’t decide I just get both. Makes things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                          Would you rather go with a 20” 7mm-08 or a 24” 6.5 CM? Cant decide on a new build.
                          for hunting the 7mm08 20" will be hard to beat,,, why tote the extra barrel length and weight ,,, the 7mm08 will reach way out there and get it done

Comment

I’ve gotten spoiled with shorts. I always shoot suppressed. I have one of last years APR specials in 20” 6.5CM and it doesn’t get used as much as the 16” .308. I debated between 7-08 and .308 for this years build and went with a 16” .308 because of the option of heavier bullet choice.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                              go 18" on 6.5CM. That with Hornady eld-x is bad medicine for animals. That way if you suppress it it's still roughly same length of standard rifles out of box and don't feel too long.

Buddy of mine has one setup this way and shot cow elk at 650yds and we've stretched it to 1300yds on steel no problem.
                              I have this exact setup and its devastating on hogs. The suppressed 6.5 is my favorite rifle to have in a lease vehicle or when walking.

Comment

Working...
                              X