It's a tab.
    Not the diet soda kind.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Looks like a tab to me!

Comment

String moves off the top reinforcement and is your mechanoreceptor trigger to release?
          That or it’s a built in toothpick holder….

Comment

It works like a thumb tab, but it's not.

You have to curl/hook your fingers around the string as always.

The thing is, it lets you relax your fingers, yet maintain the hook.

When you decide to let it rip, it's gone !!!

I'm excited about it.

I shot 3 or 4 arrows into my bag target in the shop from about 10 ft away, then I went out to my range, and shot 3 or 4 warm up shots with it from 10 yards just to make sure I had a feel for it, then moved on back, and shot this group.

Two of the arrows are bare shaft

It works VERY well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you show us a pic of it on your string? Not really understanding how it works.

Comment

I'd think if it came all the way across it would provide a more uniform "hook" and therefore a more consistent release.

Comment

Is it available for purchase yet?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    I'd think if it came all the way across it would provide a more uniform "hook" and therefore a more consistent release.
                    Nope, that not only would interfere with the natural hand/tab position on the string, but would also defeat one of the primary functions of this design.

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                    Can you show us a pic of it on your string? Not really understanding how it works.
                    I'll get there. Having to work on this in my spare time, which there is little of right now.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Is it available for purchase yet?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
                    Not yet, but soon I hope.

```````````````````

Here's some description of, and some insight to the:

Death Adder tab "Strike" add on feature.

First off, I have always believed, that you get a crisper/cleaner loose of the string "IF" the finger pressure on the string is generated mostly from the finger just below the arrow. For lack of a better term, lets call it the "Trigger Finger"

For split finger shooters, the trigger finger is the middle finger, and for 3-under shooters, the trigger finger is the top finger, as those are the ones directly below the arrow. The cam/string lock is located, and positioned to accommodate that finger.

I have (always) struggled with that third/bottom finger drag, and have to be constantly mindful to keep from doing it.

I first came up with an idea some years ago of layering a tab where it is thicker under the "trigger finger". Layering helped, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Not long after I came up with that idea I came up with this one, and have been toying with it on/off ever since, but not to any real thought of it being a production item.

I did however play with it for one extended period of time, which was in an effort to help keep an old friend of mine shooting. He had horrible arthritis, and it almost had him shut down in archery due to the pain in his string hand when shooting. I didn't want to lose my hunting & shooting buddy, so I dove into it with both feet.

What I built for that friend was this style tab, but attached it to a buckle on wrist strap like used for mechanical releases. I built him two. One for 3-under, and one for split finger, because he shot both ways. This design not only relieved the finger strain from holding the curl of the fingers on the string, but also shifted most of the draw weight load off his fingers, and onto his wrist. Long story short, it kept him shooting (comfortably) right up to the day before he passed away. That was around 4 years of use of this tab.

Recently, I had a guy see pictures of those wrist strap tabs, and asked me to build one for him. I had completely forgotten about them, until he showed me the pictures, that I had posted somewhere about it.

I built the wrist strap tab for the guy, but before sending it to him I shot with it a lot in order to make sure I had it working right for him. Of course, working right for me may not work exactly right for him, so it was built to be completely adjustable.

Anyway, while doing the testing of that tab I realized some very notable relief of the finger pressure, even when the draw weight load was still on them, and not on the wrist. I don't need any draw weight relief, but my fingers are badly arthritic, so that prompted me to try the cam/string lock on a regular tab.

I played around with different sizes & shapes of the cam lock, but in the end the barrel shape, and current size of it always worked best, so that's what I am running with.

From what I can see - due to the overall more relaxed finger pressure, it greatly reduces the lateral movement of the string created by the string roll off the fingers, When you decide to let it go - It's Gone !

In addendum, what this tab does is this:

(1) It allows you to hook/hold the string with less overall finger pressure. Quite a lot less.

(2) It allows you to accurately feel, and keep your finger pressure on the string load more on the finger just below the arrow (that trigger finger).

(3) Unlike a strap/thumb tab, this tab allows you to maintain the anchor point, and all the form you have always used when shooting fingers, so you don't have to learn anything new, except for getting used to the "feel" on those fingers

(4) It helps you to be more aware of your back tension, and follow through on the loose.

All four of those things produce not only a much better loose of the string, but a much more comfortable one as well.

A side note to all of this: My bow shoots really quiet, but this made it shoot quieter. Which, I guess is testament to how sloppy my loose is with a regular tab. LOL

Rick

Comment

Shucks... I've had ideas of some type of harder material in a tab for years, but never could make anything that worked. This looks like it would accomplish something similar to what I had in mind. I'd be interested in trying one out when they're ready.

Comment

Well Rick the problem with your theory is the average person doesn't regulate the pressure on the fingers consistently. Maybe a back yard or target shooter is better at it but shooting angles from stands challenges perfect form. Plus I'd bet most of us aren't man enough to draw and hold a hunting weight bow with one finger.

Comment

Well Rick the problem with your theory is the average person doesn't regulate the pressure on the fingers consistently. Maybe a back yard or target shooter is better at it but shooting angles from stands challenges perfect form. Plus I'd bet most of us aren't man enough to draw and hold a hunting weight bow with one finger.

I used to shoot 68@33" with my toelke longbow... 2 under.

Comment

No problem with the theory at all. The design is to help you regulate that pressure easily, but not force you to do it, plus you aren't drawing, and holding the bow with only one finger. You are simply shifting the load onto that finger right as you start to initiate the loose.

The thing is, even though the cam lock is located at only the one finger, the other two finger still aid in the curl to keep it closed.

If you're a "grip it & rip it" shooter, then this design probably isn't for you.

If you are looking for a way to improve your loose, then it probably is for you, and if you are looking for a way to find some relief from injured, or arthritic fingers it mostly likely is for you.

Rick

Comment

Yeah the arthritis is in the ring finger.

Comment

Working...
                              X