No announcement yet.

Dallas airshow crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I will watch that video. I grew up on airbase and luv the airshow to much. Prayers for all involved.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just awful. RIP
      Looks like blind spot hits on both accounts Bomber's left rear and Cobras lower right. Where was air traffic control?

Comment

Prayers for all involved, especially the families of the air crews.

Comment

Terrible accident, prayers for all involved

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              That’s crazy, don’t understand how. It looked like he deliberately flew into the B17. When I read what happened I thought maybe the sun was blinding him, that was not the case. I guess it was just a case of someone was off on their timing.

That’s really saddening.

To insinuate this was intentional is asinine, the small plane had some sort of malfunction.

I am however impressed that you held your response to a single paragraph!

Comment

Wow that was terrible. It sure looked like there was a technical issue or failure with the smaller plane. Prayers for the families of all affected.

Comment

My son worked for the shop that did the paint job on the B-17 in 2016. That plane flew out of Corpus Christi.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    To insinuate this was intentional is asinine, the small plane had some sort of malfunction.

I 2nd the "asinine" assertion.

It sounds like most of you are totally ignorant about aircraft.
                    The P-63 was in a left bank; as a low-wing aircraft, when you bank (also note the relative position of cockpit to the wing) the wing blocks your view downward and to the side. The P-63 pilot likely did not see the B-17 because of the wing blocking his view. He could have been focusing on the other plane that he was following.
                    Quite obviously not "falling" or "gliding" into the B-17.
                    Simply didn't see the other plane (yeah, where was the Air Boss ?) just the same as a car accident where one driver didn't spot the other vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Just awful. RIP

Looks like blind spot hits on both accounts Bomber's left rear and Cobras lower right. Where was air traffic control?
                      In air shows air traffic control is watching along with everyone else. Just from a different view. The airspace is given up to the air show operator and run by the "airboss" typically one guy sometimes has a couple helpers who coordinates all the aircraft for the air show. Pretty cool to listen watch as the airboss does his thing since its usually a little bit more chaotic compared to normal air traffic pattern work. My favorite times of the year were helping the airboss and watching them work their magic. Sad this happened.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Comment

The P63 simply over shot his pattern. He came in hot and could not stay in his assigned spot.
                        An accident due to human error. Even the most professional of crews make mistakes and unfortunately this one was really bad

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

.... single paragraph lmao

Comment

God bless I hate that. I was so excited seeing them come over on their way to the field. Think it was about noon or so when several came over my office in Frisco headed that way. Shame for the loss of life and the loss of history. Prayers for their families.

Comment

Awful…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                                My son worked for the shop that did the paint job on the B-17 in 2016. That plane flew out of Corpus Christi.
                                I was wondering if it was the one out of hooks. We have/ had a reserve that was part of the crew

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X