No announcement yet.

My Deer are MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or it may be that your neighbors haven’t been feeding due to the cost and just started feeding …

Comment

Been a lot of birds at my feeder also. Deer have been laying low for about a month out in west Texas.

Comment

Same in Milam County. We have a picture from this morning of a pig walking past the pile of corn like it was dirt.

Comment

Comment

Big acorn crop. Deer, hogs, and even the coons aren't showing much on my feeder camera. And still plenty of pin oak acorns in the trees. Wind and rain will be our friend, Lots of wind should help bring down the acorns, and wet weather can sour them over time.

Comment

Not many acorns in west Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                Same in Milam County. We have a picture from this morning of a pig walking past the pile of corn like it was dirt.
                Yep, I have a big Boar that has been a regular visitor. But he has also been MIA! Of course I consider that a good thing! However if he shows up, it will be hammer down!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  Or it may be that your neighbors haven’t been feeding due to the cost and just started feeding …
                  Neighbors feed year round but do not hunt, they are Deer Watchers not Hunters. Once we get colder weather and the acorns sour(assuming we get some rain)I am sure the Deer will be back!

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post

We haven’t seen much in the way of bucks. Spikes. Spikes. Spikes. Usually we take 1 or 2 good ones in bow season every year. So far nothing.
                    Most of my 1yr olds are spikes. Not enough groceries in this year long drought IMHO.
                    We fed Cottonseed and protein, but not all year. Cow feed took priority.

BP
                    Last edited by Big pig; 10-28-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Some of my deer are back along with a Traveling Buck that I have not seen before. Still not eating my corn or protein very much. But they are all over my Buck Forage Oats Food Plot that is really doing well after several inches of rain and more on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                        Even the pigs at my place in Leon County aren't showing up any more. Must be an awesome acorn crop.
                        Same here.
                        I have all my feeders fenced with pig panels, we hand corn a couple areas every year before the season for pigs, but the pigs aren’t hitting it this year.
                        This is in Leon county.

Comment

In Burleson County the pigs have started to root the fields again and feeders don't throw outside the pen. Lots of big pigs at night. More bucks than I could of hoped for showed up last week at the feeders.

Comment

If anyone has had any measurable rain with these little fronts, you have winter forbs sprouting

Comment

It’s slow in freestone county also.

Comment

I was running ~1000 lbs of protein / month out of two feeders until the acorns started falling.

They haven’t eaten 50 lbs of protein between the two feeders in 3-4 weeks now. And they like protein MUCH more than corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X