My Deer are MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Deer are MIA

For the past several months, I have had deer at my Corn Feeder and my Protein Feeder every day. The past 8 days, nothing. I assume acorns are everywhere and the deer are on them. Is anything similar happening in your woods? Hunting in Anderson County, East Texas.

It's always acorns in late September and October.

Comment

Basically the same in smith county.

Working acorns and scrape lines hard right now.

Comment

Yep. I say it’s acorns.
        Corn is actually still on the ground after deer leave here at the house.
        Not like this summer where they came in the yard begging for more.

BP

Comment

Probably not an acorn left on the trees after the wind the last few days.

Comment

I turned my feeder down to 2 feeding and 2 seconds. Going to turn it completely off when I get home from work.

Comment

Freaking acorns

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing at my place in Arkansas. No deer pictures in the past three days.

Comment

I`m just not seeing any bucks. Been on this lease for 5 years and always have 4 or 5 decent bucks on camera this time of year. I see 8-10 does every time I go this year. Had 2 does and a spike see me throwing out hand corn yesterday and came running and started eating 60 feet from me, so they are hungry. Hopefully it has to do with the lack of water this summer and our stock tanks went dry.

Comment

Same in Burnett County. In August I had does watching me n the dogs repair feeder pens they wanted the corn so bad, now, they walk all around me up in my tree and never walk into the pen. All the acorns are on the the ground now and rain is coming (please G-d let it rain). They will be back soon enough

Comment

Same in Angelina County on our club. Happens around this time every year.

Comment

Pecans also. Hunted an orchid for a couple of years. Deer hammer pecans...

Comment

They’re still coming in for corn at my place, but have slowed down on the some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just started getting pics of doe and bucks at mine sporadically over the past two days. The spot we have set up for my wife has been dead since Labor Day weekend.

Comment

Thought it was hailing night before last in the strong wind.Another front in the am,hopefully will blow the rest down.The live oaks have small acorns,the post oaks r loaded.Come on with the rut,the young uns r starting to sniff around.the juniors r working their scrapes.The big boys will b along soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X