X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas airshow crash

Horrible

B-17 and a P 51 mustang earlier at Redbird airport

Last edited by dac6933; 11-12-2022, 02:22 PM.

Horrible. Prayers going up for those involved.

Comment

Holy smokes! Looked like the smaller plane lost power and just fell/glided into the bigger one? That's incredible. Doubtful anyone survived that.

Comment

Prayers for the aviators and their families!

Comment

Terrible. Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Holy ****, that's awful.

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
            Holy smokes! Looked like the smaller plane lost power and just fell/glided into the bigger one? That's incredible. Doubtful anyone survived that.
            I was assuming it was just lack of visual on the smaller plane's part but know nothing about planes.

Comment

wow prayers sent.

Comment

It was a P-63 King Cobra (single seat / rear mounted engine) My stepdad knew the pilot & used to fly with his Tora Tora group...he said there would be at least four minimum in the B-17.

No survivors...this sucks.

Comment

I just had 4 of those mustangs flying over my house an hour ago practicing…feel like I possibly saw one of those planes that crashed

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                    Thats what I saw...

Comment

I was at the Wings Over Houston last weekend and took a photo of the B17 that probably went down. It is terrible for everyone involved including the people that witnessed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's terrible. We literally live right next to Ellington field. This is my biggest fear during air show time.

Comment

Closer angle...Language warning

Comment

Terrible

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              Holy ****, that's awful.

I was assuming it was just lack of visual on the smaller plane's part but know nothing about planes.
                              I don't either, other than they're pretty cool. If you watch close it looks like the smaller one's props slow down and it just sort of starts falling. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              It was a P-63 King Cobra (single seat / rear mounted engine) My stepdad knew the pilot & used to fly with his Tora Tora group...he said there would be at least four minimum in the B-17.

No survivors...this sucks.
                              Ah, man, that's horrible! It's horrible anyway, even if you don't know them.

I have a few friends who are pilots and own planes. I always crack the joke, "Watch out for other planes!" Prolly not gonna make that joke anymore after seeing this, rare occurrence or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X