2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
    anyone know of a good meat processor in the area? maybe in antlers or hugo?

Rickman's outside of Messer between Rattan and Hugo. Used to be Porter's but Shorty retired and sold the shop to one of his employees. They have done us right in the past but with the new owner we will see. Be aware that the gates and drop off freezer are locked after 10 pm and they may not take deer after the end of gun season.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
      Rickman's outside of Messer between Rattan and Hugo. Used to be Porter's but Shorty retired and sold the shop to one of his employees. They have done us right in the past but with the new owner we will see. Be aware that the gates and drop off freezer are locked after 10 pm and they may not take deer after the end of gun season.
      Great thanks...

Comment

are you guys seeing bucks on camera during the day now?

Comment

I haven't been up in a month so I will check what cams I can on Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            Saw a giant 9 point yesterday morning, he was locked down with a doe. It’s on right now.
            Seems I remember the peak rut was muzzle loader when I hunted up north of Kiamichi Wilderness, past the gate at the woodcutters camp.

Comment

Agree with BG, May try Mixon’s in Atoka this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't been up in a month so I will check what cams I can on Monday and Tuesday.

Should be up there late morning, early afternoon. Will most likely only check the cam in the set I plan on hunting that evening. Will check the other cams in between hunts on Tuesday.

Comment

Moved cameras from Honobia WMA down to the family property outside Hugo, looking forward to rifle season. Anyone seen action with this big cool blast? It's killing me to not be up there.

Comment

Meant to post this earlier but fell asleep at like at 8pm. I left my house at 3am yesterday and drove up after only about 1.5 hrs sleep. Hunted till about noon then about 2pm till dark and had deer on me all day. I was a little late to the woods and unfortunate bumped two deer under my stand at day break getting in. All in all saw 9 does and 5 bucks and lots of chasing activities. Mostly smaller bucks but very cool. Had them running through grunting. AT about 930am I did a small 3 burst grunt sequence and within probably 30 seconds had a big buck come charging in to about 20 yards... I'm hunting about 25 yards off creek-wind blowing back behind me across creek and of course the buck just had to try and slip between me and the creek to pick up wind. I needed two more steps for him to be in my shooting lane. I don't think he knew exactly what I was but could tell something wasn't right(I'm crazy strict with my scent control). So did a 360 back the way he came except cut across logging road in front of me . had a quartering away shot at 40 yards but I wasn't comfortable taking that shot. Ill post picture of the deer -was one of the ones I previously posted. This is him-he looked huge coming through the woods.

I also checked the camera way back in woods against bluff and had the main buck I'm after show up 6 different times on camera - several being in daylight. he would feed for 30-45 minutes. seems to really like the corn and roasted soybean mix I've been putting down. feel like I've got a chance at this deer. waiting to decide when to move in on him- here are a cpl new pictures of that buck

I also had 50 pictures of a big bear 10 yards from tree I climb at 230am. is this unusual for this time of the year? Here are those photos-looks like a beast to me. A little unsettling thought when walking out alone with no service and did not bring side arm. I figure they are probably mostly afraid of humans

Good luck to anyone else hunting this weekend! thinking ill hunt all day tomorrow from climber- will update again in the evening. Off to sleep now for a few more hours shut eye
                    Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Nice bucks! Get one!

And yes that bear looks like one to avoid in the dark lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

A little unusual to get bear pics this time of year, but not completely shocked. We get a few random bear pictures all winter long. That guy is definitely a brute. @mtnbucks26 sent you a PM.

Excited to get in to the woods.

Comment

Just about to leave the hotel and get in the woods for the evening hunt. Going to be a cold sit, reminds me of hunting back in Michigan.

Comment

Well no dice tonight. BG saw a pig and 5 point.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                              Well no dice tonight. BG saw a pig and 5 point.

Looks like a good spot for an ambush. Hopefully one of us out here can get a shot off on a good one tomorrow! Good luck!

Comment

Sitting at the feeder that I had the 5 point come in to yesterday evening. Black boar hung up at 60 yards yesterday and wouldn’t come into the feeder. Something came in during the night and ate all the corn . Crows are keeping me company under the feeder now.

Comment

Working...
                                X