No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think last year's builds were all around freakin awesome. If you put a stock with an adjustable cheek on that tier 1 build from last year, I think you've got the ultimate rifle. Could be used for hunting or bench shooting.

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
      I see that now. Didn't look close enough. For me a verticle grip and higher comb is important. Does look like a viable option. But like you said this could go any direction.
      I’m right there with ya. Been a tactical style stock shooter for a long time now and it took me a long time get comfortable with it haha. Fingers crossed.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I saw 4.5 - 5lb mentioned earlier.........to get that light you are realistically looking at a $4,500 + price tag. It will take titanium or whittled down steel(hours). It will also take a slimmed down stock with no features that will still require a lot of finish work(hours). You are getting down into flip-flop butt pad territory at those weights 6 to 6.5 lbs will open up more options and knock off more $. That said, If we limit it to short actions........ I might have a trick up my sleeve

Comment

As far as adjustable combs go, that's definitely a possibility. Every component choice is a compromise, which is the fun challenge of these deals. The compromise with adjustable hardware is that it adds between 3/4 to 1 lb, and $100 - $200 depending on stock manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Found this pic Robert posted in another thread. Nice adjustable stock option.

Sierracharlie out…

I still love that pic. It shows just how incapable the 6.5's are

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              I still love that pic. It shows just how incapable the 6.5's are

Yes even the Manbun [emoji23]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I saw 4.5 - 5lb mentioned earlier.........to get that light you are realistically looking at a $4,500 + price tag. It will take titanium or whittled down steel(hours). It will also take a slimmed down stock with no features that will still require a lot of finish work(hours). You are getting down into flip-flop butt pad territory at those weights 6 to 6.5 lbs will open up more options and knock off more $. That said, If we limit it to short actions........ I might have a trick up my sleeve
                I could live with 6-6.5lbs

Comment

For the heavy fans. Heres my buddies 300 Norma. Wouldn't pack it to far in the woods but man is it fun to shoot. Have taken it out to 2k yards. It's 15 lbs. Just another idea.
                  Attached Files

Comment

As far as adjustable combs go, that's definitely a possibility. Every component choice is a compromise, which is the fun challenge of these deals. The compromise with adjustable hardware is that it adds between 3/4 to 1 lb, and $100 - $200 depending on stock manufacturer.

This makes more sense to me than a 4lb rifle with almost a 5k price tag. I’ll sit that out but that’s just me.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Here’s heavy for ya. In the 17-18 pound range in 338 Lapua with scope and loaded mag if I remember right [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I am all for a 6lber also when I saw the 4.5 number thrown out I didnt know if it was even possible. I think a Short action only build in a 6lb gun would make an awesome group build.

Comment

That said, If we limit it to short actions........ I might have a trick up my sleeve
                          Ohhh yeah. My tail might be wagging

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A short threaded barrel in 6.5-06 AI with a adjustable comb and pistol type grip.

Comment

I personally am wanting a big 300 so that is obviously LA, not a short barrel and not ultra light. Just what I am wanting for me so giving my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                                I am all for a 6lber also when I saw the 4.5 number thrown out I didnt know if it was even possible. I think a Short action only build in a 6lb gun would make an awesome group build.
                                Kimber builds a mountain ascent rifle which can be 5 pounds . They are 1899.00

Comment

Working...
                                X