Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyme’s Disease - hunting, etc.

It’s been a challenging 18 months.
    Tick bite back in May ‘18, local doctor refused to acknowledge it in spite of a positive antibody test and showing symptoms. She treated it half heartedly and it came back this summer. “Lyme’s just isn’t really in Texas.” Yeah....right.

Made an appointment with a Lymes doctor in Marble Falls and was officially diagnosed on October 1 this year and began IV treatments weekly since then.
    Last week, we started Ozone Ten Pass treatment and started with 3 passes. This Friday, we do 6 and then 10 after thanksgiving. They hook your iv to a machine that pumps out blood, injects it with 200cc of ozone to kill bacteria, mixes it, and pumps it back in. That’s one “pass”.

Treatment is working but I feel worse than before due to the resulting Herxheimer reaction.

Ended up buying a crossbow because I’m physically not able to pull a bow back right now. And it’s fun to shoot.

But..

Here’s the part that really has me ticked off.
    I’m so dang beat down from this, that I honestly have zero desire to even drive out to the ranch anymore. I miss it so much but it seems like just about everything is a struggle right now.

The encouraging part is that the more I open up about having this, the more people I meet that have had it and beaten it.

To those of y’all on here that have had or currently have this disease: what do y’all do? Stop hunting for a while? My kids are at the age where I want to start taking them with me, but I physically can’t keep up with em right now.

I know this will improve. I have faith and the Lord is involved. It’s just killing me that I can’t go out and do one of the very few things that I truly love to do.

Also: PSA - take precautions when y’all are out there tromping around. This disease is no freakin joke. I’m on FMLA right now from teaching and am praying I feel well enough to go back in January.

I hate ticks. Stay strong & good luck.

Comment

Man hate to read about your troubles. Hope you get better quick.

-john

Comment

Yeah it sucks. Seems to me like it always is worse on me in the winter. I don’t take anything other than some natural products to give me energy and build up my immune system. This year has been much better than the last three but I’m starting to run on empty here lately. Headaches and joint pain is giving me a serious case of the Don’t want to’s. I have looked into the treatment that you are doing but it was all gonna be out of pocket and with 2 kids in college I just can’t swing it right now. As soon as they get out I’m gonna give it a go though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a close family member come down with Lyme's disease. It was awful. Half of his face was paralyzed and he had to drink his morning coffee out of a straw. He is back to 110% and still kicking azz at almost 80. Chin up and keep after it!

Comment

I got Lymes in Nebraska bow hunting around 2004 or so. It hit me hard and about killed me. I had joint pain that would run through my body joint by joint and by 6:30 am I would be wore out and having a hard time driving to the jobsites. I got on a bunch of arthritis medicines and took handfuls of ibuprofen for a couple years and went in to deep depression about every 3-4 weeks. I considered suicide often, sometimes daily but pushed through, found some natural powder drink and it helped some. I went from 185 lbs w/6 pack to a 225lb wore out guy.
            In 2006 I lost everything, bankruptcy, house, toys, and still sick, I was going to take my .44 mag and end it all. I called on God and said "if you are real you better let me know tonight God because I am not going to be here tomorrow".
            The Lord heard my call and came and entered me and my life, I didn't eat for over a week and found a Bible and started soaking it up. It was then that I realized I was completely healed. No pain, no drugs needed to help, my energy was restored and my life was renewed.
            The doctors had no solution but God did...pray deeply, believe like a child, have faith of a mustard seed and you too can get your relief from the great physician.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
              Yeah it sucks. Seems to me like it always is worse on me in the winter. I don’t take anything other than some natural products to give me energy and build up my immune system. This year has been much better than the last three but I’m starting to run on empty here lately. Headaches and joint pain is giving me a serious case of the Don’t want to’s. I have looked into the treatment that you are doing but it was all gonna be out of pocket and with 2 kids in college I just can’t swing it right now. As soon as they get out I’m gonna give it a go though.

Fatigue and joint pain are by far my biggest enemies.
              I’m all supplements currently. My dr doesn’t do insurance, and yeah...at $100 per pass it’s pricey, but everything she told me and what I’ve read says that ozone can really kick this to the curb while the vitamins, etc boost my immune system to keep it in remission.

November has been the hardest month of the 18 by far.

All I want to do is relax in the blind but my body is suggesting otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                I got Lymes in Nebraska bow hunting around 2004 or so. It hit me hard and about killed me. I had joint pain that would run through my body joint by joint and by 6:30 am I would be wore out and having a hard time driving to the jobsites. I got on a bunch of arthritis medicines and took handfuls of ibuprofen for a couple years and went in to deep depression about every 3-4 weeks. I considered suicide often, sometimes daily but pushed through, found some natural powder drink and it helped some. I went from 185 lbs w/6 pack to a 225lb wore out guy.
                In 2006 I lost everything, bankruptcy, house, toys, and still sick, I was going to take my .44 mag and end it all. I called on God and said "if you are real you better let me know tonight God because I am not going to be here tomorrow".
                The Lord heard my call and came and entered me and my life, I didn't eat for over a week and found a Bible and started soaking it up. It was then that I realized I was completely healed. No pain, no drugs needed to help, my energy was restored and my life was renewed.
                The doctors had no solution but God did...pray deeply, believe like a child, have faith of a mustard seed and you too can get your relief from the great physician.

Been there more times than I’d care to admit the past few months.
                I got 3 little girls and a little boy running around that would never understand why I checked out, so it just isn’t an option for me.
                I am praying for healing. I believe he has put my healing in the hands of some very caring people at this office.

Thank you for being open about your journey.

Comment

Man, I hate to hear about your struggle with this disease. I’m glad you fought for the correct diagnosis and are getting some treatment. You’re rooted in the Lord and He has a plan for you. This temporary setback will not define you. It was once told to me that we would never have a testimony without tests. You’ll be back up and in the woods before long. I don’t know you, but I hate to hear that you don’t have the energy to get out to your place. I was in a bad car accident last October heading to my lease for the evening sit. It cost me the rest of the season, but I’m alive and well. I’d be willing to forgo one of my hunting weekends and drive you to your place, cook, fill feeders, whatever you need done to get you back in the woods. I’m sure you have people near you that would do the same, but the offer is there if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                    Man, I hate to hear about your struggle with this disease. I’m glad you fought for the correct diagnosis and are getting some treatment. You’re rooted in the Lord and He has a plan for you. This temporary setback will not define you. It was once told to me that we would never have a testimony without tests. You’ll be back up and in the woods before long. I don’t know you, but I hate to hear that you don’t have the energy to get out to your place. I was in a bad car accident last October heading to my lease for the evening sit. It cost me the rest of the season, but I’m alive and well. I’d be willing to forgo one of my hunting weekends and drive you to your place, cook, fill feeders, whatever you need done to get you back in the woods. I’m sure you have people near you that would do the same, but the offer is there if you need it.

Dang this is why I love this site.
                    I can’t even express the gratitude I have.

I’m blessed to hunt with close friends from the same town.

This has been a crucible for me and one of the biggest challenges I’ve had to overcome. Like others that have gone through this, I pray my journey through this will also help me witness and minister to others like you all have done for me.

Comment

I had it. Lots of antibiotics and prayer. That was 1997. Thank God I'm alive. Hang in there

Comment

The offer to take him out for a weekend was amazing...very heart warming and such a kind genuine display of brother hood!!

Very sorry for all of you who have struggled with this, and to the depths some of you went. Our God is truly awesome...and I’m glad to hear the recovery is there. My prayers are with you OP...and the others!!

Comment

sorry for what you are going thru and i truly hope the treatments work and you are able to fully recover.

I now how bad this disease can get as i lost a very good friend to advanced stages of Lyme's. I have a 2nd grader in my unit at school that has it and is getting treated as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                            The offer to take him out for a weekend was amazing...very heart warming and such a kind genuine display of brother hood!!

Very sorry for all of you who have struggled with this, and to the depths some of you went. Our God is truly awesome...and I’m glad to hear the recovery is there. My prayers are with you OP...and the others!!

I’m continually blown away by the generosity and compassion that I see day in and day out from the guys and gals on this sight.

I tell my archery students at school that archery is a brotherhood that ties people together in ways that those who don’t participate in it cannot fathom.

This disease really has ups and downs ant attacks you on so many different fronts. For me, one of the worst areas is neurological. That includes emotions, particularly anxiety and depression. I’ve battled depression since my teens, and have learned, through failure, how to keep it in check and letting go and relying on others at times has been one take away.

I’ve been in a pretty dark place this week due to just feeling terrible physically from this Herxheimer reaction. This thread has helped on so many levels and I don’t have the words to express my sincere thanks. God bless y’all.

Comment

Stay strong and hang in there Bucky. You have a lot of people praying and pulling for you. You can beat this. It's just a temporary setback in the journey of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X