No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s the movement looking at TB? The forum seems pretty dead compared to last year?

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
      How’s the movement looking at TB? The forum seems pretty dead compared to last year?
      Saw about 10 deer on our turkey sits in units 4 and 5 the weekend before thanksgiving lol. Saw a nice 10 point at the top of the hill in unit 5 also walking out to our setup one afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
        Saw about 10 deer on our turkey sits in units 4 and 5 the weekend before thanksgiving lol. Saw a nice 10 point at the top of the hill in unit 5 also walking out to our setup one afternoon

Did you get any turkeys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Anyone here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like PapaBear

Comment

[QUOTE=aarongray;14566461]How’s the movement looking at TB? The forum seems pretty dead compared to last year?[/QUOTE

My brother in law, my father in law, I went and tried 5 last week. We did two all day sits and set out 2 cameras at different spots. We saw a mature doe, two yearling does, a spike, and a forky.

Went to the area south of the lake I don’t remember which number and saw 2-3 decent bucks a couple does and a couple does in the morning. We took 2 8s and a doe in the afternoon. Pretty happy. Will be back next year.

Comment

[quote=Thebuckcollect;14567881]
                How’s the movement looking at TB? The forum seems pretty dead compared to last year?[/QUOTE

My brother in law, my father in law, I went and tried 5 last week. We did two all day sits and set out 2 cameras at different spots. We saw a mature doe, two yearling does, a spike, and a forky.

Went to the area south of the lake I don’t remember which number and saw 2-3 decent bucks a couple does and a couple does in the morning. We took 2 8s and a doe in the afternoon. Pretty happy. Will be back next year.

Congrats man! Any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                  Did you get any turkeys?

Nope, but we found a spot where a bobcat or something else did lol.

Comment

My aunt sent me this of their ranch in burnet county. Not a turkey guy but that would make me pretty excited if I was

Comment

Yeah we actually saw a flock of about 40 when we were passing thru Burnet on the way home

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                        Yeah we actually saw a flock of about 40 when we were passing thru Burnet on the way home

Where’s home? I’m originally from the hill country. Much smaller deer than Tom Green, Runnels, Taylor, etc

Comment

My aunt sent me this of their ranch in burnet county. Not a turkey guy but that would make me pretty excited if I was

Had a group like that come thru quite often when I was out there last month.

Comment

Where’s home? I’m originally from the hill country. Much smaller deer than Tom Green, Runnels, Taylor, etc
                            Lovelady. The deer there at the TB were much smaller than ours over here too

Comment

TBR Wildlife Survey

Attached is this year's TBR Wildlife Survey. Please note that aerial surveys are a conservative estimate and we acknowledge that we don't count all the deer using the property. Many deer move back and forth between public and private land. We do not anticipate any changes to TBR bag limits in the near future since population estimates are remaining consistent and stable.

Additionally, we have submitted a 100k grant for habitat improvement work (much like area 8 received) along with another grant for a handicap accessible boat dock to be placed on the north pool. We should know if these grants receive approval within the next 90 to 120 days.

We are still working on using fire as a habitat management tool, but there are still a few hurdles to overcome. Conditions like fuel load, wind direction, and low activity levels need to be in place as well. Just know it has not dropped off our priority list. Our goal is to improve the overall recreational experience on your public land, but as it is with most worthwhile goals we pursue, there is no immediate gratification. Our aim is incremental improvement over time.

Once again I want to thank all those who have helped us perform the clean-ups in the past. Please continue to pick up trash when you can and we'll continue to have organized clean-ups in the future.

Best of luck to all of you,

Major Jason Huebner
                              Texas Game Warden
                              Attached Files

Comment

TBR Buck

One of the bucks viewed during the aerial survey...Sorry about the sizing of the image....couldn't quite figure out how to reduce it.

Comment

Working...
                                X