No announcement yet.

A hunting thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A morning hunt around 40 degrees on El Gato's Mexico Ranch around New Years would be hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      A morning hunt around 40 degrees on El Gato's Mexico Ranch around New Years would be hard to beat!
      I’ll split the gas with you and I like to do all the driving, all of the cooking and I don’t snore.

Comment

5 acre high fence with 300" deer. Not too many trees so I don't hit a branch.

As long as you are hunting with friends and family it doesn't matter what the setup is. Just don't want any neighbors for miles.

Comment

Late December foggy morning in Mexico with one of my 3 boys doing the shooting

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
            Nov 18, 2020 at about 5:15pm in Kansas, I shot a gross 190" with my bow. Came in following a doe, squared off with a 140's 8pt in the field, then gave me a shot at 14 yards. Watched him cross the field about 300 yards coming to me. That's a day of hunting I'll likely never top, and I'm good with that.

BUT!!! If I could pick and choose it my way. It would be on property I bought, in East TX, with average for the area bucks, that I brought to their top potential thru habitat management, tree plantings, burning, discing, food plots etc. (The fun part of hunting [emoji16]). The scenario would be similar to above mentioned hunt. Come in chasing a doe, rutted up, wanting to whip everything with a satchel hanging below it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
            Would love to see pics above!

Sounds like a great hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              I’ve hunted the desert a few times, that country is tough to hunt but hold some giant mule deer. The problem is it all looks the same once you get onto it.
              Yes sir. You are correct. The base of Mount Lemmon hold some monster Mule deer.

Comment

Ole Mexico in a ground blind getting set to pull back on a 200+ Sonora Mule deer.

Comment

My own place in the Texas Hill Country with a 150+ deer under my stand down in the river bottom
                  Last edited by dosrobles; 08-27-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    I’ll split the gas with you and I like to do all the driving, all of the cooking and I don’t snore.

Sounds like we got a deal. Just need to run it by Rusty I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      Sounds like we got a deal. Just need to run it by Rusty I guess!

You guys are funny. But after years of hunting Jim Hogg cty., Brooks cty., King Ranch and Alberta [ a survival trek ] I was driving around the ranch just after lunch in 65' beautiful weather with only a long sleeved shirt and there was a beautiful wide 10 pt. I jumped out to film him and it occurred to me right then.....I'm never going back to Alberta. This is where I want to be all season!
                      And so it is.

The bar is always open. Come on over.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                        You guys are funny. But after years of hunting Jim Hogg cty., Brooks cty., King Ranch and Alberta [ a survival trek ] I was driving around the ranch just after lunch in 65' beautiful weather with only a long sleeved shirt and there was a beautiful wide 10 pt. I jumped out to film him and it occurred to me right then.....I'm never going back to Alberta. This is where I want to be all season!
                        And so it is.

The bar is always open. Come on over.

Amen! Cool photo. I’ve only hunted mule deer in Mexico but I get the appeal, 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          i hunted around memphis and arbela for a few years, postcard type hunting land for sure.

for me, right now, its going to be a ladder stand tucked back into a big oak tree looking at a creek bottom in NE texas. got an old boy that i feel like is gonna slip up this year
                          welp, i gotta change mine, a 30" sewer line is being installed right through my place and literally right through my set, had to go move my camera and feeder yesterday so it wouldnt get shredded. supposed to be a 2 month process starting next week.

i guess i'll jump in the back seat and run down to el gato's place with you other fellas or while yall are down there, ill go sit in a blind at his place in LA, that should do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                            Would love to see pics above!

Sounds like a great hunt!
                            If you saw the thread, there was a whole lot of disappointed people (garguy in particular [emoji16]) in the quality of photos taken. Here are a few. The picture that shows him the best is just an antler pic with Justin spies holding them.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                              If you saw the thread, there was a whole lot of disappointed people (garguy in particular [emoji16]) in the quality of photos taken. Here are a few. The picture that shows him the best is just an antler pic with Justin spies holding them.

i remember that donk now, one of my favorite bucks posted here.

Comment

Having a big swamp donkey flush from a briar thicket on a frosty morning in La. hunting rabbits with my dad's beagles.

Putting the thump on him with my 12 gauge Stevens single barrel loaded with OO Super X buckshot.

Comment

Working...
                                X