No announcement yet.

Who'll be first? E-F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont have to convince people to drive a car that runs on sunshine. That's born out of necessity.

These mandates are pushed by government. It simply doesn't work, and will create more obstructions to necessity than answers.

Close behind those mandates will be a rush for resources that will decimate 3rd world places that have them. Hello civil wars and dirty deals with China and Russia.

Environment, mining precious metals and elements in extreme haste (2035 is it?) Will leave a trail of Superfund sites all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
      If it works as well as gas, then why not? That said, I won't be interested in buying one until it's convenient and quick to charge one. When there are charging stations in San Augustine, or Center, or Carthage, and all the other small towns between the house and the deer lease, maybe I'll consider it. Until then it's a non-starter. I also don't want to have to spend an hour recharging on long road trips. So I guess we'll see in a few years.
      Your first statement is why this truck will not be a huge seller. It's not as good as gas. I can fill up my truck in 5 minutes, and I bet if I counted, I would see more than 20 refueling stations on my way to work.

The same cannot be said for electric. Yet.

Comment

Not sure your situation, but I spend anywhere from 700-900 a month on fuel. So, I don't see my electric bill going over that.

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        So how much is my electric bill going up charging these things 12-14 hours a day?

Also, when we start shutting down coal / gas plants, how are we going to provide said electricity to charge them?

Comment

Awesome.....now my 1 week trip to CO will take me 2 weeks.....can't wait!

Comment

i drive a 70 mile commute every day, not sure it would be a problem for me to drive a all electric vehicle.
            got 8 years left to work, so the battery life being over 8 year life span, i guess its something i could truly look into, if the home charging is not so very expensive.. makes you think

Comment

Mileage range, time to charge and true battery replacement life have me at never for now.

Comment

Who'll be first? E-F150

No more weekend warrior trips where you leave Friday after work for a 5 hour trip to the lease and come back Sunday..... would need a full day of charging on the side of the road set aside to go along with it.

And nothing like tying one on and forgetting to plug the truck in the night before you leave to go home. Sorry honey it’s gonna be an extra 8 hours to charge before I can leave .

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  No more weekend warrior trips where you leave Friday after work for a 5 hour trip to the lease and come back Sunday..... would need a full day of charging on the side of the road set aside to go along with it.

And nothing like tying one on and forgetting to plug the truck in the night before you leave to go home. Sorry honey it’s gonna be an extra 8 hours to charge before I can leave .
                  Hi-speed rail would be more efficient!

Comment

Briben biden said he is going to replace all gov vehicles with electruck vehicles.. 260k of them... someone can start a "mobile charging" business now... it will be a diesel powered tow truck with a generator fast charger mounted on the rolloff bed..
                    62million homes in the USA use natgas to heat the house, make hot water, some use ng to dry clothes, to cook, and to even run a home generator..
                    Electric vehicles currently use our highways and bridges for free.. wait for the "per mile tax" that tracks your every commute.
                    Its like wind turbines.. none of them can ever produce enough power to offset the enourmous carbon print it takes to build them.. and they just keep building them.. with huge tax breaks for berkshire.. buffet said he wants to build the "saudi arabia" of wind farms in iowa..
                    Ps, biden wasnt even driving the truck.. it had dual steering wheels..everything is a lie.. to control you, your life, and where you can go.
                    If the left was serious about ending the consumption of oil.. they would ban..
                    Nascar and all gas guzzling "sports"
                    No professional sports teams flying and bussing athletes from stadium to stadium all across the country just to catch, dribble, or throw a ball.
                    No college sports..
                    No high school sports.
                    "Fuel" savings would be huge.

Comment

aftermarket extended battery packs you can rent and throw in the bed for those few times a year long trips... solves most everyone's concern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        aftermarket extended battery packs you can rent and throw in the bed for those few times a year long trips... solves most everyone's concern.

At what cost? $6-8K? Lotta folks drive long ranges more than a "few times" a year. I'm thinking of folks like Fishndude who drive all over the state putting on fishing events for kids pulling a trailer full of rods, gear, bait and prizes or tanks. Hell I do it 10-12 times a year minimum.

Last edited by Smart; 05-21-2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          It’s not because they are faster or more powerful. My electric golf cart will drag a gas powered cart all over the place. The torque is insane.

Speaking as an electric cart owner lead acid batteries suck and are a pain to
                          maintain. Im betting that is a factor. I would expect with carts moving to lithium you will start seeing more electric ones on the courses.

I just did a total rebuild of mine and converted to lithium. I’ve not put a lot of miles on it but it’s noticeable more responsive and the range should be more than doubled over the lead acid batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Good info.

What was the cost difference on the Lithium battery? And did you need to replace one for one?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Also consider that , according to Ford's own website, there are no charging stations west of San Antonio until you get to El Paso, Fort Stockton, or Alpine.
                            Dryden Tx will leave you with a long walk home.

Comment

I'm not opposed to owning one for my purposes but as with most others I can't see how the electric grid is gonna handle millions of vehicles getting plugged in at 6;30 pm when people get home from work, especially on a nice Texas august day. As stated before, they've put the cart in front of the horse. This will spark a whole new business of mobile charging trucks to go charge vehicles that are dead and couldn't make it to a charging station.....

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                You even seen a battery pack on a Tesla? It's a big majority of the frame of the car. Think granny is going to throw a 1,000 lb battery pack in the bed? Not like your going to drive into Allsups and drive out with a battery swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X