Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covert 3G cameras not going to send pics after next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert 3G cameras not going to send pics after next season?

I thought I read this somewhere, is this true? Will they just turn in to a regular trail camera?

Verison only at this point.

Comment

Verizon only so far but I would not be surprised if AT&T does the same eventually. There was a rumor it was going to be 12/31/19 but Covert claims that they have received no word from AT&T at this time.

That being said they are offering a switchover plan where you can buy an LTE Covert at a reduced rate ($175-225) and keep your current 3g until it goes the network is shutdown. You must be able to provide them with your serial number and your IME number from your current camera to be eligible. The good news in all this is that when 3G does obsolete, your 3G will still function as a reg TC...

I will doing it with my 3 (1 at my deer lease and two at my local pig place) and running my 3Gs at other spots until they do remove the 3G network. I'm trying to look at it as a net positive ......so for $175 on one camera, I get a new LTE camera in place of my 2.5 yo 2016 one with all the new HD pic sending capabilities, the HD video sending capability, plus an extra Covert at my deer lease in my 3G for next season until they shut the network down and then.... a trail camera to place elsewhere when it does stop. .
      Last edited by Smart; 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

One point though, all the AT&T 3G coverts stopped working last month, but as Jason posted, Covert has a work around that is pretty easy. I've got the new firmware update and sim card from covert for mine, but I haven't gotten to work on it to get it going again. A buddy of mine did his and it works as good as ever, but you have to go through a Covert App for pics. They no longer text pics directly to you from your camera.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          One point though, all the AT&T 3G coverts stopped working last month, but as Jason posted, Covert has a work around that is pretty easy. I've got the new firmware update and sim card from covert for mine, but I haven't gotten to work on it to get it going again. A buddy of mine did his and it works as good as ever, but you have to go through a Covert App for pics. They no longer text pics directly to you from your camera.
          ...and the app is waaaay better than texting. Groups and stores etc.

Covert has never said the ATT 3g's will stop working at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            One point though, all the AT&T 3G coverts stopped working last month

I guess I missed that. I didn't do anything to any of my 3 cameras.

Comment

Working...
            X