No announcement yet.

Help me with this smoker please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one similiar a few yrs ago. Please don't take this as I am bashing you. Pretty thin metal on most those smokers.

I would get it to temp and lose it pretty quick. It just couldn't keep temps due to the walls lack of thickness. Best of luck.

Comment

Did you press the on switch?

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        I had one similiar a few yrs ago. Please don't take this as I am bashing you. Pretty thin metal on most those smokers.

I would get it to temp and lose it pretty quick. It just couldn't keep temps due to the walls lack of thickness. Best of luck.
        No problem. My wife and son didn't know. I figured a lot of folks started out on something like this. I'll play with it and see what happens.
        Originally posted by Man View Post
        Did you press the on switch?
        I knew I forgot something!

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
          did you press the on switch?
          lol....

Comment

Extend the flue down to about an inch above the grate and see what happens

Comment

How big is the opening between the firebox and cook chamber? Use the feldons calculator and see if the opening is too small.

You probably are loosing alot of heat thru that gap though. Order some lavalock from Amazon and bolt it back together with that in-between. I started out on a smoker similar to yours and it held decent temp but ate alot of wood.

Comment

Help me with this smoker please.

New temp gauge and if your burning a fire in the box and not getting past 180 I would put it on the street for trash day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Swampa; 02-18-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

If you are building a HOT fire and the main chamber is not getting above 180, then I would say there isn't enough air flow. I would start by opening the smoke stack all the way up, build the fire and then leave the fire box door open. Leaving the door open should drastically help the air flow...if you start to see the temp rise then you know you can use the door to help regulate the air flow to get the desired temp....if that doesn't help, then I would suggest making the opening between the firebox and the cooking chamber bigger to aid in air flow.

Comment

This will solve your problem.

Comment

Make sure the fire box is facing the wind

Comment

Its made of thin metal so it isnt going to hold heat very well.

Comment

try tilting a few inches to see if heat travels up

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Make sure the fire box is facing the wind
                            If it doesn't draw good, this will help.

A good smoker will draw regardless of wind direction.

Comment

Plug in and Spin the little dial to 200 and... oh wait...sorry!!

Comment

Kick it while cussing at it. If that don't work, pee on it than go to McDonald's and order a McRib.

Comment

Working...
                                X