Dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Back in the market for a dehydrator upgrade with Christmas around the corner and wanted to ask you folks with the Excalibur and LEM 9+ trays how much you have to rotate the trays and how easy cleanup of said trays is? I know with my round one I need to scrub pretty good but them again it may be the allegro marinade I use on full muscle baking on them. I'm looking for more capacity, square trays for easier squirt jerky making and easy cleanup
    I have an excalibur and don't rotate the trays at all. I spray trays with Pam and still wash them with a stiff brush after jerky

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one very similar, from Cabelas, but much older model. Had it about 10 years or more. It perfectly holds jerky sliced from all 6 "roasts" from a 90 lb field dressed doe. That's 2 each of the rump, tip, and round. About 10 - 12 pounds, wet. All trimmed thoroughly and sliced about 1/4" thick, or slightly thicker. Usually have 1 tray only partially filled. I make several batches each year, depending on how many deer we kill, and give away much of it for holiday gifts.

Love it!

Comment

My Mom gave me one she got at a yard sale for $2.50 about 15yrs ago. Still going strong. The only thing I don't like, it is round, I wish it was square to fit more stuff but for less than 3 bucks, I have to say it has performed well.

Comment

I got a 10 tray LEM a couple of years ago when Academy ran them on sale from $199 to $99. It’s a great machine. I just ordered one online at Academy for my father in law’s Christmas gift. It’s $199 regular price. We fit 23 lbs of sliced meat in it with about 1/2 tray to spare. The only thing I wish they would’ve made different is the 2 piece doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
            I got a 10 tray LEM a couple of years ago when Academy ran them on sale from $199 to $99. It’s a great machine. I just ordered one online at Academy for my father in law’s Christmas gift. It’s $199 regular price. We fit 23 lbs of sliced meat in it with about 1/2 tray to spare. The only thing I wish they would’ve made different is the 2 piece doors.
            [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221206/27a7e6be984ebbfa208b171c76d2bcbb.jpg[IMG]
            [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221206/7a8ba7f914fb99942f4f102cecc02e4c.jpg[IMG]
            Same time I got mine, and I told Smart the same thing about the goofy doors. They work though, just weird.

Comment

After this season and the cost to process my harvest I will definitely be getting one

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Same time I got mine, and I told Smart the same thing about the goofy doors. They work though, just weird.

I’ll talk him into getting one [emoji57][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  I’ll talk him into getting one [emoji57][emoji23]

I need to talk with your boss about the cleanup [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Never had good luck with round dehydrators, owned several and got rid of them. Got this LEM and it works great. Academy has 20% off site wide today too. https://www.academy.com/p/lem-10-tray-dehydrator

Dang I wish I’d have started dehydrator shopping before Black Friday and caught this 20% off deal [emoji2359][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I need to talk with your boss about the cleanup [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

I do the cookin, she does the cleanin [emoji57]

Comment

Working...
                      X