Dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dehydrator

Looking to get a Dehydrator. Don't want to spend a lot on a commercial grade unit, but don't want to buy a POS either. Any suggestions?

This one at Cabelas looks ok. Just not sure about capacity.

Dehydrator

We bought the cheap and simple Game Winner dehydrator for $49 from
    academy and it has been flawless for years for us. Every year, I make upwards of 30+ lbs. of deer jerky without issue and its simple cleanup.
    Although, it is much less capacity than the one from Cabelas, ours does 5 lbs of sliced and cured meat per cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought an Excalibur 9-tray for around $300. I use it for jerky, vegetable/fruit snacks, and making my own seasonings out of dehydrated peppers. It's a beast.

Comment

How long will dehydrated fruits and vegetables last bro? I think Smart told me his jerky was good for a week.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            We bought the cheap and simple Game Winner dehydrator for $49 from
            academy and it has been flawless for years for us. Every year, I make upwards of 30+ lbs. of deer jerky without issue and its simple cleanup.
            Although, it is much less capacity than the one from Cabelas, ours does 5 lbs of sliced and cured meat per cycle.

5 lbs seems like a good amount. Do you know the approx sqr inch cooking area?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              How long will dehydrated fruits and vegetables last bro? I think Smart told me his jerky was good for a week.
              We use the jar attachment on a vacuum sealer after dehydrating. Probably a year or two at least. But yeah...jerky lasts a few days.

Comment

That one would work...

Comment

I have a 9-tray Excalibur also. It was $250 about 6 years ago. Has worked flawlessly.

Comment

A jar attachment on a vacuums sealer? I’d like to see that work. But jerky can be frozen as well come to think of it.

Comment

I also use a cheaper unit, a Nesco, with four racks. Picture shown is four pounds of ground, already dehydrated meat made into jerky. It would hold a little more than that as is, and you can purchase extra racks if you want more volume. Had it for several years and no issues.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        A jar attachment on a vacuums sealer? I’d like to see that work. But jerky can be frozen as well come to think of it.
                        fast forward to 3 minutes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbBDeDaLaOI"]How To Vacuum Seal Mason Jars With The FoodSaver 3880 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My wife bought this one from Amazon a few years back.
                          Does great, definitely want to get one with a variable temptature.
                          It's gone up quite a bit in price lately though.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                            5 lbs seems like a good amount. Do you know the approx sqr inch cooking area?

I’m not entirely sure to be honest. The seasoning packet does 5Lbs of jerky cure and that amount fits snugly in our dehydrator.

Comment

Thanks Bobby

Comment

Working...
                              X