lower rio grand or laguna atascosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower rio grand or laguna atascosa

Here is the decision if you had to choose which would you hunt?
    LOWER RIO GRANDE VALLEY NWR - TENIENTE
    OR
    LAGUNA ATASCOSA NWR

THE ONLY REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE ONLY WINNING 1 HUNT IN PAST 5 YEARS. I WON BOTH AND JAVALINA AND ALLIGATOR (CANCELLED) AND TERREL PRIVATE LAND? I WOULD GO ON BOTH BUT THEY ARE THE SAME WEEKEND. I HAVE WON 4 HUNTS IN LAST 10 YEARS. I HAVE WON MORE THIS YEAR THAN ALL OTHER YEARS COMBINED. SO WHICH WOULD YA HUNT?

Originally posted by dsb6446 View Post
    Here is the decision if you had to choose which would you hunt?
    LOWER RIO GRANDE VALLEY NWR - TENIENTE
    OR
    LAGUNA ATASCOSA NWR

THE ONLY REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE ONLY WINNING 1 HUNT IN PAST 5 YEARS. I WON BOTH AND JAVALINA AND ALLIGATOR (CANCELLED) AND TERREL PRIVATE LAND? I WOULD GO ON BOTH BUT THEY ARE THE SAME WEEKEND. I HAVE WON 4 HUNTS IN LAST 10 YEARS. I HAVE WON MORE THIS YEAR THAN ALL OTHER YEARS COMBINED. SO WHICH WOULD YA HUNT?
    I dont understand why they make them the same weekend. There are plenty of weekends for the entire hunting season.

Both areas are good. If I had the money I would pay for both. Hunt two days in one and two days in another. This way you get a feel for the areas and next time you will know which one to pick. You cant go wrong with whichever one you pick.

One big difference is accessibility during inclimate weather. Atascosa has some areas that will be accessible when it rains. El teniente does not. You will not have access to el teniente during the rains. If it rains hard when you are hunting el teniente, you better have a darn good 4x4 vehicle to get out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

hopefully you paid for both....Money was due 9/11

we are hunting LRGV Jan 4-7.

Comment

Due date already passed... I'll be at LA on the 11/17-21 hunt...

Comment

Like I said... both are good. You will have a good time regardless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drew both also. First hunt at Atascosa and second hunt on Teniente. They overlapped so I chose Atascosa since it was the first hunt.

Comment

Working...
            X