School me on public land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on public land

Love in Sanger area, looking to try the bow out on hogs and possibly deer if the opportunity arrived, brand new and know MOTHING about hunting on public land, been trying to read and research but figured would throw up a thread i know has been put on here before but hey never hurts to start another. Thanks in advance fellas

LBJ is close to you, that would be a good spot to start researching.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
      Love in Sanger area, looking to try the bow out on hogs and possibly deer if the opportunity arrived, brand new and know MOTHING about hunting on public land, been trying to read and research but figured would throw up a thread i know has been put on here before but hey never hurts to start another. Thanks in advance fellas

Tried to kill my first turkey on the LBJ. I saw enough deer and deer sign to make me feel like I was a few months late. Spend a couple of days scouting and you may get lucky. There are some nice deer up there. Bow or muzzleloader only in the LBJ I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        Tried to kill my first turkey on the LBJ. I saw enough deer and deer sign to make me feel like I was a few months late. Spend a couple of days scouting and you may get lucky. There are some nice deer up there. Bow or muzzleloader only in the LBJ I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Shotguns are legal as well. No rifles.

Comment

I would start out as light as possible. Take just what you need. You may end up deeper than intended. The walk in is exciting and fun every time. The walk out can be grueling if you’re over loaded. I learned the hard way.

Comment

Oh yeah, and take plenty of water.

Comment

Come use your layout you sold me years ago! I sent u a pm.

Comment

Spend lots of time in the woods!!! Lots of things look good on paper, but no teacher like experience.

Comment

Picking up a Hoyt Hyperforce and wanna let her eat at somethinggggg this year some how lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X