Richland Creek WMA hog hunt!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland Creek WMA hog hunt!!!!!

5 of us went for a day hunt and man what a day it was. We hunted the North unit and by 4:00pm we had 6 hogs down. Everyone shot a hog and everyone missed also. We for sure would have had needed more coolers if we connected with every shot. Will try to post pics later.

Congrats on all that pork!!!

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Sweet. KAP.

Comment

NICE!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE PIX.

Comment

Dang, I may have to drive up there a get me some of that.... only 139 miles from Granger. How bad were the ticks and snakes?

Comment

Yeah, we got a lot of them up here. It's about 15 miles from my house. My deer lease and my buddy's property are there as well adjacent to the "Forbidden Zone" Good hunting around there!

Comment

I tell you what...i've been hearing alot about how good the deer and hunting are north and northeast of dallas, LBJ grasslands sounds really good... I will be making a few trips this year

Comment

Here are 3 of the hogs, I don't have a pic of 1- 80lber and the other 2 were loaf of bread size that we were not able to save due to the destruction of bodily parts from large caliburs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    I tell you what...i've been hearing alot about how good the deer and hunting are north and northeast of dallas, LBJ grasslands sounds really good... I will be making a few trips this year
                    well sir, someone is lying to you

Comment

Congrats, seen alot of hogs in the north unit, what compartment do yall take them in? If you take the first road to the right that borders between compartments 18 and 16 and drive out on that berm there is tons of sign right now. Theres so much damage from rooting that the field on the left side of the road in 18 looks like someone took a tractor and tilled that field. Thats a good spot and also right off the hwy between 287 and alligator creek in compartment 15, I've jumped hogs.
                      Last edited by BillfromFtWorth; 04-12-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

LBJ Grasslands not worth hunting?

Originally posted by dfwhogkiller View Post
                        well sir, someone is lying to you
                        What do you know about the grasslands. I have heard many things...good and bad. Neven been up there, but want to take my boys this fall.

Comment

As far as the grasslands go it can be frustrating. I have hunted there a fair amount the past four years without success. I have seen deer and turkeys on several occasions but never able to connect. Be ready to scout your butt off and spend numerous days sitting without seeing a thing. It is a humbling place. There is always a chance you could be like my buddy 2 years ago who had done almost no scouting went to a spot I had sat in several times without seeing a thing and kills a 120 class 8 point. I would recomend taking your boys they will be better hunters in the end. Even with the frustration I like LBJ.

Comment

Any bow kills?

If I could use a gun at Granger I would kill too many.

Comment

Working...
                            X