Divorce With Rental House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good advice on here.
    Id start recording every conversation and not see her alone without a witness present.
    Protect any $ he can. Empty community accounts and place them in an account only he has access to (not saying spend it all, but move it to control where it goes).
    Call the leasing company see what options they may give, Im sure they dealt with this before. Get a lawyer and file some legal papers to gain the upper hand.
    Have him do this NOW, ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      He should stay and have his girlfriend move in. That should be enough of a hint for the EX to hit the road.
      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
        Good advice on here.
        Id start recording every conversation and not see her alone without a witness present.
        Protect any $ he can. Empty community accounts and place them in an account only he has access to (not saying spend it all, but move it to control where it goes).
        Call the leasing company see what options they may give, Im sure they dealt with this before. Get a lawyer and file some legal papers to gain the upper hand.
        Have him do this NOW, ASAP
        Yes and NOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOO. Terrible advice.

He just needs to document what they have acquired in their time together. Financial & physical property. His attorney will sort it out then the attorneys/mediator/judge will hash it out.

I think this is a great example of renting being a good thing sometimes. With no kids in the house he should just move out and let her go crazy. No need to fight over who gets to stay in the house that neither of them share any equity in it.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          What does she look like?

That doesn’t remotely matter lol. Unless you’re a glutton for punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            That doesn’t remotely matter lol. Unless you’re a glutton for punishment.

If she drives a white jeep it does matter.

Comment

He needs to get an attorney NOW. Monica Cruz is excellent if you're concerned things will get nasty. Was there a prenup? Never establish the precedent that he will continue to pay for her expenses. No kids and no house seem to make this a pretty straightforward case. Unless there is something not disclosed here it seems like a 50/50 split of the community property should be what he's prepared to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                If she drives a white jeep it does matter.

Nope.

Comment

He has a lawyer and the land lord is a good friend. He will not rent to her and she will be evicted if she didn’t leave. Good thing is they have nothing together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The simplest solution is to have the landlord evict her for not being on the lease. He still has to follow the legal eviction process though.

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                      He has a lawyer and the land lord is a good friend. He will not rent to her and she will be evicted if she didn’t leave. Good thing is they have nothing together.

So she's got no job, no assets and your old man married her?

Sounds like she's good at something.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                        I think either has to be evicted. Regardless if she is on the lease or not, she has established that she lives there.
                        This is correct I have buddy going through the same thing. He had to stay in a hotel are somewhere else for 30 days to give her time to move her stuff and the house is in his name ..

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                          Yes and NOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOO. Terrible advice.

He just needs to document what they have acquired in their time together. Financial & physical property. His attorney will sort it out then the attorneys/mediator/judge will hash it out.

I think this is a great example of renting being a good thing sometimes. With no kids in the house he should just move out and let her go crazy. No need to fight over who gets to stay in the house that neither of them share any equity in it.
                          I dont know. I had buddies whos ol ladies cleaned out every account saying they had bills and were paying living expenses. Judge never gave it a second thought and started dividing up property not including what she had cleaned out of the accounts. Im not telling the guy to take it and hide it. Im saying take it out and put in another account so you can show the judge later if needed that it is still securely in an account. Dont lose that $ to bargain with and split later. Once its gone its gone.
                          Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                            So she's got no job, no assets and your old man married her?

Sounds like she's good at something.

She had a good job prior to getting married then soon after they got married got lazy and quit. Typical thought he was marrying one person then turned into something else. A mistake either way, I told him he was crazy and not to do it! Maybe he’ll listen in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                              I dont know. I had buddies whos ol ladies cleaned out every account saying they had bills and were paying living expenses. Judge never gave it a second thought and started dividing up property not including what she had cleaned out of the accounts. Im not telling the guy to take it and hide it. Im saying take it out and put in another account so you can show the judge later if needed that it is still securely in an account. Dont lose that $ to bargain with and split later. Once its gone its gone.
                              Just my $.02
                              I was fortunate to have a very competent attorney. I had a feeling my ex had filed. During our initial meeting she found out my ex had filed. I said lets play ball & handed her the retainer.

She told me not to do anything stupid money wise. Tell the ex part of her services includes a forensic accountant so any foul play will be uncovered and any expenses outside the normal need to be agreed upon by the two of us.

Total lie but it nipped this scenario in the buttoski.

Comment

Working...
                              X