Good two way radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good two way radios

Or Walkie talkies. Hunting but hiking & traveling. Not afraid to spend good money on great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baofeng uv5r

plug in the free channels and you are good to go.

Tons of YouTUbe reviews on how to work them and a ton of aftermarket stuff to really get out there

or get the newr 8watts, as cheap as they are I have alot of them passed out to family and in vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      Baofeng uv5r

Tons of YouTUbe reviews on how to work them and a ton of aftermarket stuff to really get out there

or get the newr 8watts, as cheap as they are I have alot of them passed out to family and in vehicles

!! Are these things for real?! And under $30 bucks!! ??

Comment

Tagged for more information.

Comment

Baofeng uv5r

Those look awesome. Not sure what you mean by free channels. How do you know what channels are free?

Comment

Baofeng uv5r

^^ this
            We use these in our rock crawling offroad club. Excellent radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
              Or Walkie talkies. Hunting but hiking & traveling. Not afraid to spend good money on great stuff.

Aren't you in Taft? You can try mine before you buy. I am in Portland

Comment

I have never found a pair that works good in the East Texas thicket. My current pair of Midlands I bought said something like 22 miles. I get about 500yards on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  !! Are these things for real?! And under $30 bucks!! ??
                  The Family Radio Service (FRS) is a private, two-way, very short-distance voice and data communications service for facilitating family and group activities. The most common use for FRS channels is short-distance, two-way voice communications using small hand-held radios that are similar to walkie-talkies. Other services that allow similar communications include the General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) and the Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS).   Background The FRS is authorized 14 channels, some of which are shared with GMRS. The rules for this service are in Part 95 subpart B of the Commission’s Rules.     Licensing FRS is licensed by rule. This means an individual license is not required to operate an FRS radio provide you comply with the rules. You may operate an FRS radio regardless of your age, and for personal or for business use if you are not a representative of a foreign government.     Channels There are 14 FRS channels. Each channel has a bandwidth of 12.5 kHz.   462.5625 462.5875 462.6125 462.6375 462.6625 462.6875 462.7125 467.5625 467.5875 467.6125 467.6375 467.6625 467.6875 467.7125 Seven of the channels (Channels 1-7) are shared with the GMRS, so you may hear communications from GMRS station on these channels. The other seven channels are “FRS-only” channels.   Operating a Family Radio Service (FRS) Unit You can operate a FRS transmitter at any place where the FCC regulates radio communications, subject to certain limitations. A FRS transmitter may not be modified and must be certified by the FCC.

My son is 4 miles away and at night we talk clear as bell.

get you a good antenna NAGOYA NA-771

Lots of clubs have free repeaters you can log into... around dfw I can talk to a person in FT worth using free repeats on FRS/GMRS

Get a ham liscense and the sky is the limit.

We are prepared for the internet/wifi shutdown that will have folks going nuts in case it ever happens...plus you can listen to FM radio and police

Comment

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-...k-menu-block-4

Lots of clubs have free repeaters you can log into... around dfw I can talk to a person in FT worth using free repeats on FRS/GMRS

We are prepared for the internet/wifi shutdown that will have folks going nuts in case it ever happens...plus you can listen to FM radio and police
                    Thank you for the information. If I read it correctly you do not have to have a license for the FRS channels? I am going to have to look real hard at these.

Comment

Motorola is what the guides I've been around use.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                        Thank you for the information. If I read it correctly you do not have to have a license for the FRS channels? I am going to have to look real hard at these.
                        Correct

GMRS and FRS are freq that you are good to go on...it is what we use exclusively.

Once you figure out line of sight and how just being 3-4 feet higher can help you will see the benefit.

I bought an inexpensive car mount (magnet) antenna and just stick it up...works great when I need to reach farther.

Comment

Gmrs is a license. 70 bucks through the fcc. Just received mine a couple months back. It’s good for up to five family members.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                            Aren't you in Taft? You can try mine before you buy. I am in Portland

Yes. Shop is. I live outside sinton. 361-739-2578. Call me.

Comment

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-...k-menu-block-4

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X