Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a minute, please say a quick prayer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news!!

Comment

Prayers for Tina.

Comment

Great news. Just finished reading the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          She just finished ... it's just a deep bruised tissue.
          Thank you, God!
          Excellent news, thank GOD

Comment

I'll admit I hesitated to open this.

I'm glad I did. Praise the lord

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't want to start another thread, so I figured I'd update this one, as it's the latest.

Back in January, Tina was having a sciatica type pain in her hip. Of course, we prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and she goes back in for a head to toe scan (at Texas Oncology, where her doctor moved to). They found six nodules, in her lungs. Doctor wasn't concerned, too much, and told her to come back in three months to double check.

For the three month follow-up, she wanted the scans done at MDAnderson. They found that the nodules had increased slightly, in size. Still, her doctor wasn't overly concerned because there could have been a discrepancy in the way that the two radiologists measured the nodules, on the scans. Follow-up again, in three more months.

Those scans were done two weeks ago, again at MDAnderson. The nodules had not only grown in size, but have multiplied. The breast cancer has metastasized to her lungs. There is no cure, only treatment. We're still waiting for them to schedule a biopsy, to confirm what her doctor says he is 99.9% sure about.

They're switching her treatments, to block the hormones and hopefully get the tumors to shrink. We're both scared out of our minds. She doesn't drink, or smoke, and she's never even tried a drug. Hell, she even hesitates to take medicine for a headache. She is way too young for this, and surely doesn't deserve this. We are reduced to a few new medicines and lots of prayers, so if you could spare a second, we need them more than ever.

We haven't even told everyone in our family, but this is eating me alive.

I sent her the link to Burnadell's post about the fenben. She's done quite a bit of reading and is convinced that it has some merit. She's ordered some and will be taking it along with what her doctor gives her.

Comment

Prayers for your wife Tina. Praying God lays his healing hands upon her.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  I didn't want to start another thread, so I figured I'd update this one, as it's the latest.

Back in January, Tina was having a sciatica type pain in her hip. Of course, we prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and she goes back in for a head to toe scan (at Texas Oncology, where her doctor moved to). They found six nodules, in her lungs. Doctor wasn't concerned, too much, and told her to come back in three months to double check.

For the three month follow-up, she wanted the scans done at MDAnderson. They found that the nodules had increased slightly, in size. Still, her doctor wasn't overly concerned because there could have been a discrepancy in the way that the two radiologists measured the nodules, on the scans. Follow-up again, in three more months.

Those scans were done two weeks ago, again at MDAnderson. The nodules had not only grown in size, but have multiplied. The breast cancer has metastasized to her lungs. There is no cure, only treatment. We're still waiting for them to schedule a biopsy, to confirm what her doctor says he is 99.9% sure about.

They're switching her treatments, to block the hormones and hopefully get the tumors to shrink. We're both scared out of our minds. She doesn't drink, or smoke, and she's never even tried a drug. Hell, she even hesitates to take medicine for a headache. She is way too young for this, and surely doesn't deserve this. We are reduced to a few new medicines and lots of prayers, so if you could spare a second, we need them more than ever.

We haven't even told everyone in our family, but this is eating me alive.

I sent her the link to Burnadell's post about the fenben. She's done quite a bit of reading and is convinced that it has some merit. She's ordered some and will be taking it along with what her doctor gives her.

Sorry to hear that Kevin. Praying that the doctors can get it handled and slowed down treating it. God Bless you all.

Comment

Prayers Up!!

Comment

Prayers for comfort and healing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Sorry to hear this Kevin, Prayers sent for Tina.
                          The Kana's

Comment

I'm praying for Tina right now - and for you too, Kevin.

Comment

I know how frightening that can be. Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent now.

Comment

Working...
                                X