Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County
Default 2021 Workout accountability thread...

Well, since no one else started it I thought I 'd go ahead and get us going for 2021.

Everyone should post their fitness goals for the year and lets remember to keep encouraging everyone to stick to their plan!

I say it every hear, but this year I'm committed to getting there. My goal is to get my nutrition right, get my body fat down below 12% and increase my muscle mass. The other goal is to bench 300 lbs. which I haven't done since I was 40 and I'm 61 now.

The plan for the next 6 weeks is 2 weeks TUT, 2 weeks heavy lifts, 2 weeks of interval training.

Got warmed up n the treadmill, then 3 warmup sets followed by 3 working supersets of 15 reps each. 4 movements today.

Lat pulldown/leg extension/incline situp
Bent over BB row inverse grip/supersquat/calf raise/ab roller
Over hand wide grip lat row/sled leg press/hanging leg riase
Over head lat pull down/prone leg curl/cable rotation

Everybody git u some!
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

I知 in. My goal is to work out 5 days a week for the next 3 months. I am doing the tbh weight loss challenge so I will be counting my macros and eating good as well. Goal is to get back under 200#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

I was just about to start this thread but was hoping you would since you stayed the most consistent last year!

I knocked out mine this morning. 25 mins of cardio and some chest and tris. Going to stick with some 16-18hr intermitting fasting and cutting all sweets out of the equation. The holidays killed me this year, like they do most years
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Houston Counties

Great thread and will try to chime in when I'm able to. I was 217 lbs this time last year. I'm currently at 187 and was able to maintain my 300lb bench while dropping weight. I feel so much better below 190lbs. I think I'm going to try for 180lbs and try to get 300lbs on the bench. I'm 5'10 and fixing to turn 45. I've been living a workout type lifestyle regularly since 2007 I believe.

Today is my light cardio to get back in the weekly groove...3 miles on treadmill with last mile uphill. I don't take any supplements or on any nutritional program...just basically laying off unhealthy foods but with that said, I would like to lay out a meal plan soon. I don't have time to meal prep so if anyone knows of a good company that does meal prepping (paleo, low carb/high protein or whatever) I'm all ears!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 10:56 AM   #5
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

I値l play this year. Started cycling again.
Attached Images

rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #6
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

I'm in! Also in the TBH weight loss challenge starting at 234 pounds.......ouch. Got married in 1993 at 183 with a 26 inch waist and a 44 inch chest! I am not that aggressive but need to get below 200 while eating right and "moving"! Way to sedentary, the goal is a minimum of 5 miles per day but hopefully hit 10 miles per day of walking or running.........even add bicycle for 90 minutes on days I don't walk or run. Light weights, high reps, ...........no longer need to squat 655 and bench 340..........time for a body remake at 56 years old!!! With David Goggins and you guys in my ear I think I can hit my goals in the next 3 to 6 months. Lets deaux this!!!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #7
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

My goal is 215-218 body weight while maintaining strength. Currently at 229-231 depending on what time of day it is. If I can maintain current strength and increase cardio I値l be happy.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

TUT this morning for 15 reps. Warmed up on the treadmill and the bicycle then 3 warmup sets and waaaaay too many working sets! Chest and bicep supersets.

Incline smith machine chest press every setting to flat/preacher curl after every chest press setting/incline situps
Incline smith machine chest press every setting to flat/hammer curl bar after every chest press set/ab roller
Seated wide grip chest press/Arm blaster curls/hanging leg raise
Neutral grip chest press/overhead cable curl

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #9
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I'm in! Also in the TBH weight loss challenge starting at 234 pounds.......ouch. Got married in 1993 at 183 with a 26 inch waist and a 44 inch chest! I am not that aggressive but need to get below 200 while eating right and "moving"! Way to sedentary, the goal is a minimum of 5 miles per day but hopefully hit 10 miles per day of walking or running.........even add bicycle for 90 minutes on days I don't walk or run. Light weights, high reps, ...........no longer need to squat 655 and bench 340..........time for a body remake at 56 years old!!! With David Goggins and you guys in my ear I think I can hit my goals in the next 3 to 6 months. Lets deaux this!!!
Lol, 340 is what I hit when I weighed 212lbs.

https://youtu.be/FTOIPtAbDqU

If you ever feel like hitting some iron again, your more than welcome to come on over to throw some around. I have my own gym at the house. You're still a youngin Oscar.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #10
TexasLongball
Ten Point

Hunt In: New Ulm and Pearsall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Wrapping up my first real leg workout in a while with shoulders mixed in!
I've been lurking in this thread and haven't posted but am still feeling the effects of my first real leg workout in years...three full days later. Sitting on a toilet was downright scary and stairs are terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Lol, 340 is what I hit when I weighed 212lbs.

https://youtu.be/FTOIPtAbDqU

If you ever feel like hitting some iron again, your more than welcome to come on over to throw some around. I have my own gym at the house. You're still a youngin Oscar.

Stop motivating my TBH Weight Loss Challenge enemies. I have a throne to capture!
TexasLongball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Everything felt heavy this morning! Shoulders and leg supersets sticking with TUT 15 reps and 3 sets.

Military press/prone leg curls/incline situp
Seated DB lateral raise/dead lift/hanging leg raise
Rear delt cable fly/sled leg press/calf raise
Upright row/leg extension/cable rotations
Old 01-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #12
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLongball View Post
I've been lurking in this thread and haven't posted but am still feeling the effects of my first real leg workout in years...three full days later. Sitting on a toilet was downright scary and stairs are terrifying.
, hope you didn't break the toilet seat.lol

Yesterday was shoulders, triceps and core. I'm always mixing up workouts weekly to keep the body guessing. I am a firm believer in muscle confusion. Today is light cardio and tomorrow is heavy chest day. Nobody really cares about that but throwing it out there. lol Key words - Muscle Confusion

I'd like to know what most here are eating on a weekly basis? I'll will chime in with my 2 cents here in a bit.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:19 AM   #13
TexasLongball
Ten Point

Hunt In: New Ulm and Pearsall

Quote:
, hope you didn't break the toilet seat.lol

Yesterday was shoulders, triceps and core. I'm always mixing up workouts weekly to keep the body guessing. I am a firm believer in muscle confusion. Today is light cardio and tomorrow is heavy chest day. Nobody really cares about that but throwing it out there. lol Key words - Muscle Confusion

I'd like to know what most here are eating on a weekly basis? I'll will chime in with my 2 cents here in a bit.

Haha I wasn't worried about the toilet seat as much as I was worried about NOT being able to stand back up.

Chest and core teed up for this afternoon. I have two herniated discs in my back so I've committed to working out my core before every workout. My thought is that if I get a "pump", then my core muscles will help stabilize my back.
I'm in ramp up phase right now, so my workouts are pretty short. I've also started doing a flexibility yoga video every day. It's only 20 minutes and I feel like it's already helping my hips and back.

As far as food, I'm counting every calorie I eat using MyFitnessPal. I've set my daily calorie goal based on zero workouts so any workout I do is a bonus. In the past, I feel like I've overestimated my calorie burn and underestimated my calorie intake.

It's amazing how much grazing I did during quarantine. I'm eating a lot more raw vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, and broccoli. I feel like I can eat more with a lower calorie impact. I'm just making it up as I go but this first week is actually amazing on the scale. Of course my first weigh in was on the heels of a 4-day Vegas trip so there's that.
TexasLongball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #14
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLongball View Post

Stop motivating my TBH Weight Loss Challenge enemies. I have a throne to capture!

Been there and done that! That's how you know you've had a good leg day.

My wife has started the Macrostax program so I pretty much gotta eat what's on her program.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #15
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

Last year I did just over 2000 miles on the bike. This year I would like to take the up to 2500 miles!

With that I will continue my weight lifting and runs 4X a week like I have done for many years, don't want that to suffer either.

Cheers to 2021! Good luck everyone!
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #16
150class
Pope & Young

Knocked out Cardio and core with Back/Bi's also.

My left bicep is still screwed even with the PRP injections 6 months ago which absolutely sucks. Owell. Just need to do more body weight and cardio in replace of the heavy stuff.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #17
gonzaleziam
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Started the year with the goal of 100 straight days of exercising and avoiding sodas. Exercise will vary daily to avoid burnout. I’m not a soda drinker but 2020 was different.
gonzaleziam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #18
gonzaleziam
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaleziam View Post
Started the year with the goal of 100 straight days of exercising and avoiding sodas. Exercise will vary daily to avoid burnout. I知 not a soda drinker but 2020 was different.

Goal Completed!! Onto the next one
Attached Images

gonzaleziam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #19
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

I had to be at work early this morning so I had to get it done PDQ. Got some shoulders and leg work done.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #20
Daniel32
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria County

Worked out chest this morning followed by 20 min of cardio. Working lighter weights to get in more reps

Flat bench 4x12
incline bench 4x12
incline fly's (45 degrees) 4x12
incline press (60 degrees) 4x12
cable fly's (lower position) 4x12
cable fly's (high position) 4x12
dumbbell pull over 4x12
pushups 4xfailure
Daniel32 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #21
150class
Pope & Young

Wrapping up my first real leg workout in a while with shoulders mixed in!
Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #22
Hagen
Eight Point

I'll be 56 in a couple weeks. Im 5'8 163. Want to get back down to 150. I started working out on Monday. Plan on working out 5 days a week along with cardio. Years ago i would run 50+ miles a week but the last couple of years i got up to drinking 3-4 cases of Yeungling a week. Bought a case of Miller Lite on Sunday and still on the same case so that's some improvement.
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #23
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Hit the gym this morning and got it done. Back and tricep TUT supersets. 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets of 15 reps. Taking tomorrow off to head to the lease and try and kill a few pigs and maybe a spike or two.

T-bar row/body weight dips/incline situp
BB row inverse grip/overhead rope extension/hanging leg raise
Tricep pushdown/overhead lat pull/incline leg raise
Seated DB overhead extension/v-bar pulldown

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #24
150class
Pope & Young

Cardio and core this morning! Need to mix in a lot of days like this but weights are way more fun....

Still sticking to 16-18 hr fasting also.

Legs are fried from yesterday which is pitiful considering how little I did and compared to last year at this time.

Just have to keep grinding though.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM   #25
150class
Pope & Young

Cardio, chest and tri's this morning. First work out this week that really felt good.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #26
b.latiolais
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Edwards County

Well I managed two workouts so far this week. Monday was complete upper body.
Bench
Incline DB
Cable Crossover
Lat Pulldown
Seated Cable Rows
Standing Overhead Press

Missed the rest of the week until last night. Last nights workout was a good full body since I hadn't hit legs at all. Also, last nights workout was after 20 hours fasted. I noticed alot more focus on my lifts training fasted. Maybe a little less strength and endurance.
10 minute incline walk to get warmed up.
Squats & Pull-ups
Standing OH Press
Deadlifts
Bent Over BB Rows
Bench Press and i threw in some tricep push downs

48 hour fast will be completed around 9:30 tonight.
b.latiolais is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #27
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

My goal is to get below 200. I started at 236 back in the fall and was able to get to 218 right after Xmas. I got tagged by covid on the 28th and have not been able to work out since. I’m probably down to 210 or so after two weeks with covid (not the best weight loss method). I’ll start back at the gym in a few weeks. I usually do 45 minutes of intense exercise 5-6 times a week. I’ll be 62 in a few months and hope to be under 200 by April.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #28
parkchief100
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sunset, Colorado

This is so awesome! I originally started this thread in 2014 and to think it’s still going strong is a testament to all of you kick a$s tbhers!

I will play again. I am 51 years old with two sons one a personal trainer and power lifter 26 yoa and the other a 19 yoa college football player. That being said, I have always pushed my boys to workout and be their best! My oldest son is now pushing back and wants me to do an all clean powerlifting meet with him and break the State record for bench press. So I guess if my body can hold up I am going to try to press 405 this year on a touch and go and at least 375 competition or more. Here goes to the aching bones!!! Good Luck everyone and keep pounding the gym!

Last edited by parkchief100; 01-08-2021 at 10:31 AM.
parkchief100 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #29
150class
Pope & Young

Off yesterday

Just killed it this AM. 20 mins skeeter run, back and Bi’s, core and bicep PT, finished with 10 mins of stairs

Legs and shoulders maana
Old 01-10-2021, 10:45 AM   #30
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Let's Ride!
.270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #31
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where invited

We purchased P90X a few years ago with every intention of following it but it is too strenuous/intense for my old joints. Instead of tossing it in the recycle bend we decided to offer it here. This program is not for everyone and almost requires some level of fitness prior to being! With that said, if you would like to get in the 澱est shape of your life and can do this type of high impact workout, chime in here and the program DVD痴 and book are yours.

Michael

Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #32
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Second week of TUT with back and leg supersets. Abs thrown in for good measure. 2 warmup sets after getting the blood moving on the treadmill and bicycle.

T-bar row/seated sled press/calf raises/incline situp
Supersquat/wide inverse grip row
Leg extension/v-bar pull down/incline leg raise
Overhead lat pull/bilateral leg press
Old 01-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #33
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in again. Like everyone else, I got a little crazy over the holidays food wise and now I feel it. Running works best for me but my upper body needs some serious help. Time to embrace the suck.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #34
150class
Pope & Young

Legs from hell this AM

Shoulders and cardio manana
Old 01-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #35
b.latiolais
Pope & Young

Friday was 45 minutes of light cardio on the treadmill. I was still in fasting mode at about 42 hours in.

Saturday was another leg day.
Squats
Straight Leg Deadlifts
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Finished it off with 100 calorie burn on bike, another 100 on rowing machine, and then 200 calories on the treadmill.

Tonight is upper body night. My son and I are going to the Upper, Lower, Push, Pull, Legs routine.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #36
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Johnson Cty

Going to stay on my Treadmill work 30 minutes and my circuit weight training. 3 sets of 10 per exercise with 30 seconds in between sets. want to lose around 20 pounds and reduce my body fat while building muscle mass. Got to get the Miller Lites under control. Any suggestions on diet would be appreciated.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2021, 04:42 PM   #37
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkchief100 View Post
This is so awesome! I originally started this thread in 2014 and to think it痴 still going strong is a testament to all of you kick a$s tbhers!

I will play again. I am 51 years old with two sons one a personal trainer and power lifter 26 yoa and the other a 19 yoa college football player. That being said, I have always pushed my boys to workout and be their best! My oldest son is now pushing back and wants me to do an all clean powerlifting meet with him and break the State record for bench press. So I guess if my body can hold up I am going to try to press 405 this year on a touch and go and at least 375 competition or more. Here goes to the aching bones!!! Good Luck everyone and keep pounding the gym!

That's awesome! Where abouts are you going to be body weight wise when you are benching 405?
Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 AM   #38
parkchief100
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sunset, Colorado

Quote:
That's awesome! Where abouts are you going to be body weight wise when you are benching 405?
Probably anywhere from 195-205.
parkchief100 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #39
b.latiolais
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
Going to stay on my Treadmill work 30 minutes and my circuit weight training. 3 sets of 10 per exercise with 30 seconds in between sets. want to lose around 20 pounds and reduce my body fat while building muscle mass. Got to get the Miller Lites under control. Any suggestions on diet would be appreciated.
Go check out the Keto thread. That's the diet I use. Simple and you still eat alot of the foods you like. I'd recommend losing the weight first then focus on building the muscle. But I'm no expert.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=794867
Old 01-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #40
150class
Pope & Young

Warm up on the skeeter with a solid shoulder work out.

Tomorrow is cardio and core
Old 01-12-2021, 09:34 AM   #41
b.latiolais
Pope & Young

My son and I had a good Push workout last night.
Incline BP
Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Tri Push Downs
Cable Flies
Cable Curls
Finished with some Abs
Old 01-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #42
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Still kicking my own arse with TUT. Chest and biceps today along with abs. Warmed up on the treadmill and bicycle and two warmup sets followed by three wring supersets.

Incline bench all the way to flat/preacher curl/incline situp
Incline bench all the way to flat/hammer curl bar/hanging situp
Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl/ab roller
Pec deck/arm blaster
Neutral grip chest press/overhead cable curls
Old 01-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #43
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

Well I am going to finally get my workouts going today. I broke my tailbone on New Year痴 Day so have been walking pretty gingerly. Gonna start up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #44
150class
Pope & Young

Made it for cardio and core this AM!

Tomorrow will be a off day and may or may not be duck hunting in the AM...
Old 01-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #45
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

A good gym day today despite the resolutioners that don't know gym etiquette.
I've got two more days of TUT before moving into some heavy lifting next week with cardio intervals. It should be interesting.

Legs and shoulders supersets TUT for 15 reps with abs. Treadmill, abduction machine and two warmup sets before 3 working sets.

Military press/prone leg curl/incline situp
Seated DB lateral raise/deadlift/hanging leg raise
Seated DB press/glute extension/ab roller
BB upright row/leg extension/cable rotation
Old 01-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #46
150class
Pope & Young

I was so dang close from skipping this AM but made my lazy arse go! Was only in there for 35 mins but made the most of it with a 10 min skeeter warm up and a fast paced chest/tri workout.

Ill be out of town through Sunday so Ill check back in then.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:43 PM   #47
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
I was so dang close from skipping this AM but made my lazy arse go! Was only in there for 35 mins but made the most of it with a 10 min skeeter warm up and a fast paced chest/tri workout.

Ill be out of town through Sunday so Ill check back in then.
Hahaha! I skipped yesterday. I've been burning the candle at both ends for too long now.

I made sure I got up and wen this morning. I'll miss all next week due to the youth livestock show and covid meetings. Chest and triceps supersets going [pretty heavy with TUT for 10 reps

Incline chest press on smith every setting to flat/weighted dips/incline situp
Incline chest press on smith every setting to flat/skull crusher/cable rotation
Incline chest press on smith every setting to flat/inverse grip cable pushdown
Cable fly/overhead rope extension
Old 01-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #48
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Well I was off to a good start today. Started a 2.7 mph walk on a 2% incline for 10 minutes. Then moved it down to 1% incline and 4.5 mph for 2 minutes. Then up to 5 mph. My knee popped and buckled and I can’t put any weight on it. Have an appointment with orthopedic Tuesday morning as that was the earliest appointment available. WELL HELLLLOO 2021
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2021, 09:22 AM   #49
150class
Pope & Young

Missed Sunday because we stayed at the ranch and didn’t get back until 1230 AM on Monday. Missed yesterday because of truck issues.

Made it this morning and kicked some arse!

15 mins cardio warmup.
4 Supersets for chest and tris
7.5 mine stair cool down

Tomorrow I’m pushing for legs and core.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #50
150class
Pope & Young

Was to late for a solid legs and core work out so did back and bis and some cardio.

15 min skeeter warm up

4 super sets

5 weighted pushing cart sprints

Tomorrow is cardio and core then Friday is legs