Saddest movies of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddest movies of all time.

I know we're all tough and we never cry or nothin. But there's gotta be one movie that gets to you. Mine is Of Mice and Men. I can't even watch the ending without getting choked up. Never have been able to.

In school we had to watch it in class and luckily the bell rang right before the end of the movie. I could already feel a knot in my throat when the bell rang. I skipped school the next day so I wouldn't cry in class. I had a feeling I was going to.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape gets my vote for the second saddest. Anything that has to do with people with disabilities gets to me whether in movies or real life. Always have been that way.

As a kid, "Where The Red Fern Grows ".
    As an adult probably "Requiem for A Dream".

Comment

Old Yellar

Comment

The Passion of the Christ and the new Chosen series make me cry.... It's hard to comprehend/understand what Jesus did for you and I but both of these shows make it about as real as it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
          The Passion of the Christ and the new Chosen series make me cry.... It's hard to comprehend/understand what Jesus did for you and I but both of these shows make it about as real as it can get.

I saw The Passion of the Christ in the theater. I would have to agree with this one.

Comment

Check out The Champ with Jon Voight and Ricky Schroeder.

Best have a box of tissues handy.

Comment

Brian’s Song

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Grapes Of Wrath always gets to me.

Comment

Just a little fact about Darlene Cates, the mom in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. She was a Texan. Born in Borger and raised in Dumas.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-17-2021, 06:24 AM.

Comment

8 Seconds still hits me right in the gut.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      8 Seconds still hits me right in the gut.
                      Man you ain't lying.
                      Seen the new interview series on YT with Tuff.
                      RIP cowboy!

Comment

I second Brian’s Song

Comment

Old Yeller and anything with Tom Cruise in it, (only if I have to see more than 10 seconds of it).

Comment

Seeing the funeral procession for Chris Kyle at the end of American Sniper got to me. And also the end of Saving Private Ryan. Different kind of sad though. Sad that some of the greatest Americans who ever lived are gone. Mixed with pride that such men ever lived and represented America.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Man you ain't lying.
                              Seen the new interview series on YT with Tuff.
                              RIP cowboy!
                              I watched one done by Jack Ingram not long ago. My dad got me the Lane Frost instructional video and I'd watch it every day. Mostly after I'd get thrown from one of our roping steers and wonder why I had any interest in doing that in the first place. One day he came home and said, "did you know the guy from your video died a couple of years ago?" Talk about rough. That was a few years before the movie came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X