Pre-shortage 9mm price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-shortage 9mm price?

I'm new to handgun ammo. What would have been a good price for 9mm training ammo prior to this most recent shortage? I'm finding the cheapest online right now to be about .70/round. Just curious.

Check Academy prices.

Comment

$.18/rd for brass. I’m still buying brass at $.28 a couple times a week. Just not in quantity. I’ve bought steel for $.18/rd several times since this has started in 250 round packs.

Comment

yeah $0.18/$0.19 per round.
        Been finding some at academy but it is around $0.35 per round.

Comment

It seems like not that long ago I was buying 115gn Win white box $3 a box at gunshows.
          In reality that's probably been 10-15 years ago. Time flies when you get old.

Comment

New pricing has increased at most places I have bought lately. Blazer brass $0.38/rd, Monarch Steel $0.35/rd. These are in 50 rd boxes. Nothing bulk lately.

All the other guys at the gun shops are paying even more and charging in the $0.70/rd range. I have bought at that price but wasn't happy about it.

If it settles around $0.35/rd for brass I will be able to live with that. Ill tell you the availability has been getting better.

Comment

I was paying about .20/round for Winchester NATO 9mm or around .22 for Speer Lawman 124gr. Those prices included shipping.

Comment

Right before all this mess I bought 2 cases brass FMJ delivered to my house for .37 a round...

Comment

.17-.20 is what i remember for retail box store priced.

Comment

I always remember about 1/2 the caliber size for handguns being around normal. .38/2= .19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ammo will never be the same. Don't beat yourself up, the new prices are crazy. Reloading may help moving forward...

Comment

I swear I bought bulk Winchester white box 200rds for 29.99 last March at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                          I swear I bought bulk Winchester white box 200rds for 29.99 last March at academy.
                          You did

Comment

Cabelas had lots of 9mm at $8.99 per box of 50. (CCI)
                            Academy was slightly higher at the time.

Comment

I was getting cases from online dealers about six months before the craziness started at $175 delivered or $8.75 a box of brass 115gr practice ammo. I was telling officers that I work with to jump on it during the specials but they just said they would get some later.

Now they are wishing.......

I probably still have how about 40 boxes of 9 mm and about 80 20 round boxes of 223.

Comment

Working...
                              X